Weird blurry/ghosting issue
Hi guys,

When i play movies & tv shows with Kodi on my TV (Surface Pro 3 + HDMI to TV) i see some weird looking ghosting (i think that is what its called).
When i see faces from people they get a bit jiggly.
When i watch the same movie/tvshow on VLC player it plays fine.

The above only happens on my external screen. When i watch directly on the Surface Pro 3 it plays fine with Kodi to
Tested with latest nightly and latest stable version.

Anyone knows what could cause this?
A screen shot might help.
I have made a short movie. On a screenshot it isnt visible. cause the screen is moving.

Look at the eyebrows of oliver.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b_fz8Ws2Ys
(Warming: May contain spoilers of Arrow S03E04)
My guess would be some sort of post processing done by the TV.
Check the TV menus and disable any processing options (especially related to motion or smoothing).
That looks like 'smooth motion' stuff that many manufactures add to ruin viewing experiences. It also looks like the AMD Catylst video 'enhancements' - nothing useful in my reply but I do agree with popcornmix.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
If you only see it on the TV itself, not using the Surface's internal screen and it can't be seen in a screenshot, it's most certainly the TV doing it.
Thanks for your reply's. Turned off some featues from the TV, but dont see any postive effect.

Strange thing is that when i play it on the TV with VLC the video plays a bit better
Also when using an android box combined with the TV it also plays fine in XBMC (instead of the windows surface)

/update: Changed some more settings on the TV and it looks a bit better now. I will watch some more episodes and movies to see if it still bothers me.
(2015-05-31, 18:41)appelsapje Wrote: Thanks for your reply's. Turned off some featues from the TV, but dont see any postive effect.

Strange thing is that when i play it on the TV with VLC the video plays fine.
Also when using an android box combined with the TV it also plays fine in XBMC (instead of the windows surface)

Does your TV support the frame rate the content is displayed as?
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weird blurry/ghosting issue0