Solved Trouble installing Common plugin cache
Hello,

I am very new to Kodi but I'm learning how to use it well. One issue though that plagues me is installing Common Plugin Cache 2.5.10. I'm running Windows 10 with a fresh install of Kodi 17.6 and have tried installing Common Plugin Cache from the Kodi Add-on Repository as well as a local zip file. Every time I've tried to install it I receive "Failed to start "commoncache'

I've searched the forums but cannot find a post similar to mine so I'm hoping someone here can give me some help or direction. I've posted below the link to my error log and I hope it helps.

Thank you and if anything else is required to help me, I'll make sure to get it

https://paste.kodi.tv/abulobunis
Once you have tried installing it, did you restart Kodi?. That is all you need to do, and it will start up correctly on next Kodi start.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Oh son of a gun I believe that did it. I restarted Kodi and then tried updating it and it updated without an issue. Well I feel foolish now but have learned. Than you very much for you help Karellen  I do appreciate it
Glad it worked. I'll mark this thread as solved.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
today is 11/3/2018 and i have this same failure: (One issue though that plagues me is installing Common Plugin Cache 2.5.10. install of an android box with Kodi 17.6 and have tried installing Common Plugin Cache from the Kodi Add-on Repository as well as a local zip file. Every time I've tried to install it I receive "Failed to start "commoncache'... and i don not believe it is the correct one any longer... but worse i cannot find any that have a higher number then the 2.5.10..   and nothing i have from any addon is pulling any thing. No data click on a Year, category, Genre etc spins and nothing...please let me know if you have any suggestions of where i might find the common plugin cache etc

thanks Therin  bsd4083@
(2018-08-23, 07:23)Karellen Wrote: Once you have tried installing it, did you restart Kodi?. That is all you need to do, and it will start up correctly on next Kodi start.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trouble installing Common plugin cache0