• 26(current)
Release Netflix style next up notification
Great, thanks for testing. I'll push this version to the repo in the next couple of days.
As one poster mentioned quite a bit back, I am also experiencing a Kodi crash whenever the timer on the notification gets to zero (ie. when the next episode is supposed to be started).
This is happening on OpenElec x64, and Mac. Using the Arctic Zephyr skin, and the JSON-RPC interface is enabled.

Is this still a known/ongoing issue for some people? Let me know if I can provide any information / which logs you need / assist with debugging.

Hopefully can get it sorted - love the idea of this addon!
Question - does this add-on work when used with Jarvis A4?

just moved to Jarvis yesterday and noticed the add-on was not working.

Code:
04:30:33 T:11536  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Service -> logMsg : Calling autoplayback totaltime - playtime is 58.412109375
04:30:33 T:11536   DEBUG: JSONRPC: Incoming request: {"jsonrpc": "2.0", "id": 1, "method": "Player.GetActivePlayers"}
04:30:33 T:11536  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Player -> logMsg : Got active player {"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":[{"playerid":1,"type":"video"}]}
04:30:33 T:11536  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Player -> logMsg : Getting details of playing media
04:30:33 T:11536   DEBUG: JSONRPC: Incoming request: {"jsonrpc": "2.0", "id": 1, "method": "Player.GetItem", "params": {"playerid": 1, "properties": ["showtitle", "tvshowid", "episode", "season", "playcount"] } }
04:30:33 T:11536  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Player -> logMsg : Got details of playing media{"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"item":{"episode":2,"label":"Marvin Gerard","playcount":0,"season":3,"showtitle":"The Blacklist","tvshowid":-1,"type":"unknown"}}}
04:30:33 T:11536  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Service -> logMsg : Netflix style autoplay succeeded.

running 16a4 on windows x64, Titan Skin Beta, service.nextup.notification-1.0.14

media source is video stream via add-on integrated in to the Kodi library

let me know if I can provide additional info, testing, etc

thanks,

M
I am also using the latest Jarvis builds and have not noticed it not working...I will test again later tonight but for all the jarvis versions so far the addon has been working correctly. The log you posted seems to indicate no problems either.

Thanks.

EDIT - Just tried and it is working correctly for me, perhaps worth reporting in the skin section for Titan if it's a skin related issue. But I can confirm this addon is working correctly and displaying the next up dialog in my skin with the latest Jarvis builds
(2015-11-07, 00:05)ajrg Wrote: As one poster mentioned quite a bit back, I am also experiencing a Kodi crash whenever the timer on the notification gets to zero (ie. when the next episode is supposed to be started).
This is happening on OpenElec x64, and Mac. Using the Arctic Zephyr skin, and the JSON-RPC interface is enabled.

Is this still a known/ongoing issue for some people? Let me know if I can provide any information / which logs you need / assist with debugging.

Hopefully can get it sorted - love the idea of this addon!

It is by no means a known issue or something being investigated. You could try enabling debug in the addon settings to see if that reveals anything. Does it successfully launch the next episode if you press select on the next up window before the counter get's to zero? Regardless of the outcome I really do not think this addon can do much about it as all it does is ask Kodi to play the next episode using JSON so it may be something specific with the Mac/OpenElec kodi builds.
(2015-07-08, 15:54)im85288 Wrote:
(2015-07-08, 10:25)Steveb Wrote:
(2015-07-08, 07:38)mtoddster Wrote: Hey.

I'm trying to figure out to show the correct IMDB rating. They all are rounding to the closest whole number instead of displaying the correct number.

For example if a episode has a rating of 8.2 it round to 8 and if it has a rating of 8.8 it will round to 9.

With my limited knowledge of python I tried to change the rating from a round to floating number but this will display the rating as "8.2310000001" instead of 8.2.

Anyone with a better knowledge of python know how to pull the correct rating?

You will need to set the decimal places in the float function.
rating = str(round(float(self.item['rating']),1)) should work.

Please submit a pull request and I'll include it in a future update

I just realised I was having this problem again and realised that this was never added as a pull request (I'm not quite sure what to do to add a pull request on Github)

Also is there any chance of adding the clearlogo as a control as I prefer to use that over the clearart (not all series have a clearart so it makes it more consistant form a design POV).

Thanks.
(2015-11-08, 20:38)im85288 Wrote: I am also using the latest Jarvis builds and have not noticed it not working...I will test again later tonight but for all the jarvis versions so far the addon has been working correctly. The log you posted seems to indicate no problems either.

Thanks.

EDIT - Just tried and it is working correctly for me, perhaps worth reporting in the skin section for Titan if it's a skin related issue. But I can confirm this addon is working correctly and displaying the next up dialog in my skin with the latest Jarvis builds

I just tested using confluence as the skin - no notification popup occurs and the logs dont show any errors:

Code:
21:00:58 T:12064  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Service -> logMsg : Calling autoplayback totaltime - playtime is 57.1989746094
21:00:58 T:12064  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Player -> logMsg : Got active player {"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":[{"playerid":1,"type":"video"}]}
21:00:58 T:12064  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Player -> logMsg : Getting details of playing media
21:00:58 T:12064  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Player -> logMsg : Got details of playing media{"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"item":{"episode":1,"label":"The Grimm Identity","playcount":0,"season":5,"showtitle":"Grimm","tvshowid":-1,"type":"unknown"}}}
21:00:58 T:12064  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Service -> logMsg : Netflix style autoplay succeeded.

any thing else to try? could another script be impacting yours by chance?

does the "type":"unknown"" in the log file indicate any issues?

thanks,

mario
Thank you,
script works perfect for me.
Here my solution in MadNox and Isengard 15.2

Fades from this

to this

(2015-11-10, 07:05)mgonzales Wrote:
(2015-11-08, 20:38)im85288 Wrote: I am also using the latest Jarvis builds and have not noticed it not working...I will test again later tonight but for all the jarvis versions so far the addon has been working correctly. The log you posted seems to indicate no problems either.

Thanks.

I just tested using confluence as the skin - no notification popup occurs and the logs dont show any errors:

Code:
21:00:58 T:12064  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Service -> logMsg : Calling autoplayback totaltime - playtime is 57.1989746094
21:00:58 T:12064  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Player -> logMsg : Got active player {"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":[{"playerid":1,"type":"video"}]}
21:00:58 T:12064  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Player -> logMsg : Getting details of playing media
21:00:58 T:12064  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Player -> logMsg : Got details of playing media{"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"item":{"episode":1,"label":"The Grimm Identity","playcount":0,"season":5,"showtitle":"Grimm","tvshowid":-1,"type":"unknown"}}}
21:00:58 T:12064  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Service -> logMsg : Netflix style autoplay succeeded.

thanks,

mario

Sorry to ask again... script is still not working (nothing even tries to appear in the GUI).

Is the following log message in BOLD/RED an issue that may be the reason for nothing being displayed? (it would seem that: tvshowid -1 and type unknown are indicators of an issue)

Code:
Line 1493: 00:32:37 T:10296  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Service -> logMsg : Calling autoplayback totaltime - playtime is 56.8569335938
    Line 1494: 00:32:37 T:10296  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Player -> logMsg : Got active player {"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":[{"playerid":1,"type":"video"}]}
    Line 1495: 00:32:37 T:10296  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Player -> logMsg : Getting details of playing media
    Line 1496: 00:32:37 T:10296  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Player -> logMsg : Got details of playing media{"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"item":{"episode":3,"label":"Lost Boys","playcount":0,"season":5,"showtitle":"Grimm",
"tvshowid":-1,"type":"unknown"
Code:
}}}
    Line 1497: 00:32:37 T:10296  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Service -> logMsg : Netflix style autoplay succeeded.

Any assistance in resolving this issue would be most appreciated - let me know what else I can provide/answer/do to assist figuring this out.

Thanks in advance!

Mario
(2015-11-14, 11:57)alexxix69 Wrote: Thank you,
script works perfect for me.
Here my solution in MadNox and Isengard 15.2

Fades from this

to this

Thanks, nice to see a different take on the layout Smile
(2015-11-15, 11:11)mgonzales Wrote:
(2015-11-10, 07:05)mgonzales Wrote:

Thanks.

Code:

thanks,

mario

Sorry to ask again... script is still not working (nothing even tries to appear in the GUI).

Is the following log message in BOLD/RED an issue that may be the reason for nothing being displayed? (it would seem that: tvshowid -1 and type unknown are indicators of an issue)

Code:
Line 1493: 00:32:37 T:10296  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Service -> logMsg : Calling autoplayback totaltime - playtime is 56.8569335938
    Line 1494: 00:32:37 T:10296  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Player -> logMsg : Got active player {"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":[{"playerid":1,"type":"video"}]}
    Line 1495: 00:32:37 T:10296  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Player -> logMsg : Getting details of playing media
    Line 1496: 00:32:37 T:10296  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Player -> logMsg : Got details of playing media{"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"item":{"episode":3,"label":"Lost Boys","playcount":0,"season":5,"showtitle":"Grimm",
"tvshowid":-1,"type":"unknown"
Code:
}}}
    Line 1497: 00:32:37 T:10296  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Service -> logMsg : Netflix style autoplay succeeded.

Any assistance in resolving this issue would be most appreciated - let me know what else I can provide/answer/do to assist figuring this out.

Thanks in advance!

Mario

Good spot Mario, yes that would definitely be the problem. The only time I have seen that reported is when people are using strm files. Unfortunately for strms the metadata is not scraped correctly to the local database. Are you by any chance using strm files?
Hello hereBlush, I started using next up notification and I'm loving it, however I'm trying to replace black box with TV show thumbnail or clearart or something else from available controls but having hard time figuring out what exactly am I to change inscript-nextup-notification-NextUpInfo.xml can someone please point me in the right direction? Thank you
Hi, all the available controls are listed on the readme of the GitHub page. You could also for example look at the way it is in my skin (see signature) though I do not show clear art it should give you an idea of what and where to change.
Not sure if I am missing a setting or using this wrong, but is it possible to change the sorting order? It seems to play shows in "season" order which is normally fine, but when there are specials (saved as ShowName.s00eXX.mkv etc.), it plays all the specials then season 1, etc. So is there any way to have it use the airdate order as opposed to the season order?

Thanks
It's not allowed to talk about those add-ons here,
Or any help with it
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Netflix style next up notification7