• 70(current)
Release Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]]
I found out why Amazon videos only play in SD (standard definition). Here's the FAQ from Sandmann's page:

"4K/HD playback is only possible with a Widevine L1 secured device (mostly Android, e.g. Shield, MiBox), all other devices are limited to SD resolution. For 4K playback as well as for the Android data source, the device has to be registered once at Amazon. For this, the login has to be performed again.
On Android you can enable the use android app for 4K videos at settings. This starts the video in the official prime video app and works only for videos with "UHD", "Ultra HD" or "4K" in the video title."

I have an Intel NUC running LE 11.0.5 (Kodi 20.3)

Question: Why was I able to register my non-Android device for YouTube but not Amazon?
where do i get 1.0.5 ? I only see 1.0.4
Hi,
Does anybody know how to update/refresh the movie/TV lists? For example, I have a 'Prime Continue Watching' list in the skin I'm using (Arctic Fuse). The latest movie it is showing was one I was watching about a week ago, but I have started watching other's since then in Amazon Prime. I've tried refreshing both cache's.
I just installed this and you gave me the answer as to why I couldn't get any 4k or HDR streams. Unfortunately the HDR and Dolby vision streams are so choppy and break up so much on the fire stick that they're not watchable. Even when I change the input stream adapter to having a very large kbps.
(2024-01-26, 16:15)blueribb Wrote: I found out why Amazon videos only play in SD (standard definition). Here's the FAQ from Sandmann's page:

"4K/HD playback is only possible with a Widevine L1 secured device (mostly Android, e.g. Shield, MiBox), all other devices are limited to SD resolution. For 4K playback as well as for the Android data source, the device has to be registered once at Amazon. For this, the login has to be performed again.
On Android you can enable the use android app for 4K videos at settings. This starts the video in the official prime video app and works only for videos with "UHD", "Ultra HD" or "4K" in the video title."

Question: Why was I able to register my non-Android device for YouTube but not Amazon?

I just installed this and you gave me the answer as to why I couldn't get any 4k or HDR streams. Unfortunately the HDR and Dolby vision streams are so choppy and break up so much on the fire stick that they're not watchable. Even when I change the input stream adapter to having a very large kbps.
(2024-01-26, 16:15)blueribb Wrote: I found out why Amazon videos only play in SD (standard definition). Here's the FAQ from Sandmann's page:

I did this and I get 4k now but no HDR. Is there a way to get HDR to work?
I keep getting this error message popping up: 'Calalog error - Catalog path not available'
Any idea how to find out what is causing it?
I've had a look in the Kodi log file but nothing is showing as causing the error.
I've also had a look in the files for the addon. There is a directory called 'Log' but there are no files in the folder. There are a number of zipped files called 'logfiles_20240327-181134.zip' in the addon folder, but when I open them there is nothing showing what is causing this error.

Any ideas anybody?

Using Nvidia Shield TV Pro
I am having some kind of strange audio bug that only happens with this addon. Every few minutes the volume will get quieter by like 50% and that will last a second or two then it will go back to normal. Anyone else experience this?
I noticed that too.
Failed Playback : One or more items failed to play

Started a coupe days ago.  Every TV show and movie fails to play.  Even those I watched earlier.  Another Amazon backend change? Anyone else have this issue, or is it just me?

Addon version: 1.0.5
Hardware: Intel NUC i5-8259
OS version: LibreElec 11.0.6
Kodi version number: 20.3
(2024-04-20, 00:14)Poirot Wrote: Failed Playback : One or more items failed to play

Started a coupe days ago.  Every TV show and movie fails to play.  Even those I watched earlier.  Another Amazon backend change? Anyone else have this issue, or is it just me?

Addon version: 1.0.5
Hardware: Intel NUC i5-8259
OS version: LibreElec 11.0.6
Kodi version number: 20.3

I have the same problem too Sad
Hi,
since few day there's an error in fetching 'Watchlist/All'.
fetching 'Watchlist/Films' is okay.
fetching 'Watchlist/Series' has error.
in log there this entries:

2024-04-22 03:00:00.915 T:1423176576   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.amazon-test/pv/browse/root/Watchlist/watchlist/all
2024-04-22 03:00:00.917 T:1937312192   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.amazon-test/pv/browse/root/Watchlist/watchlist/all) failed

it seems that amazon has changed the structure Sad
(2024-04-22, 15:17)cowcrash Wrote: in log there this entries:

Better create an issue here: https://github.com/Sandmann79/xbmc/issues

@Sandmann79 is reading there more than here on the forum I believe.
  • 70(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]]2