Dailymotion Firefox remote
has anybody got this working? there seems to be a problem with the code on the script, can anyone take a look? i have xbmc fox working fine, which this script is based on, but i cant get it to work,

(they have all simpsons, family guy and south park on Daily Motion)
I cannot get this script to work. I get the option "Send link to xbmc" (or something like that), but in xbmc the script won't launch
Same here guys.... same here...

Go to open up the script, says its running for oh.... 10 seconds? then goes away.
got it working, you HAVE to make sure you have the correct permissions set on all xbox folders

in filezilla right click on E:\ select file attributes> in the numeric value box type 777

sent the link to xbmc within firefox

open up the script in xbmc

bingo!!!

for some reason it only works on some od the links, simpsons and south park work, family guy wont
Okay, trying to change directory permissions resulted in a
500 Invalid built-in function error

what now?
OK, now I have set my E: attributes to 777, but still no luck. In XBMC I get the error (in script output): IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or or directory: 'E:\\dailymotionid.dat' Huh
strange, did you execute the XBMCDailyMotionRemote.py script in e:\scripts first?, do that and it should create dailymotionid.dat
I am having the same problem as "daRIPPER", the IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or or directory: 'E:\\dailymotionid.dat, error.

blackic3 Wrote:did you execute the XBMCDailyMotionRemote.py script in e:\scripts first?, do that and it should create dailymotionid.dat

I don't actually understand this. I think you are telling me to run the .py script through XBMC in E:\Scripts, all on the xbox? I thought this was what you were asking but there I cannot find a way to run it in XBMC while it is in E:\Scripts.

Help I really want to use this script!

Thanks, Levi
(I couldn't find the edit button is there even one?)

Anyway I kind of got it working, I made my own dailymotionid.dat and entered the link to the video I wanted to watch all manually and it worked. Apparently dailymotionid.dat is just a txt file with an url in it. So the problem I guess on my side is the Firefox plugin.

blackic3 how do you have yours set up?

- Levi
Sorry for the triple post but the reason the extension isn't working I believe is because I am currently unable to change permissions on my xbox. Depending on what program I am in (Evox, XBMC, Avalaunch, ect) the error when I try and chmod changes, but it doesn't seem to ever work. How do I change permissions?

-Levi
right i have the dailymotion python file in e:\scripts which i have made a shortcut to in the sub menu. and the dailymotionid.dat file is in E:\ when i want to watch a video i right click it in firefox, then open the script throgh the sub menu and it plays
Hmm... Well I am still unable to change permissions on my xbox! Any one know a way?

-Levi
NELS Wrote:Hmm... Well I am still unable to change permissions on my xbox! Any one know a way?

-Levi

You can do it with your FTP progam. In my case I right-click on the drive and click on properties(or something like that). I use FlashFXP. I also know you can do this with FileZilla..
Which program are you running on your xbox to allow the changed permissions? So far XBMC, Avalaunch, and Evox all give me an error when I try to change permissions...
NELS Wrote:Which program are you running on your xbox to allow the changed permissions? So far XBMC, Avalaunch, and Evox all give me an error when I try to change permissions...

Hmm..that's funny. XBMC works fine here. No errorsCool

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dailymotion Firefox remote0