v15 Simple Update Script for Milhouse test builds
Brick 
I find this useful so I thought I'd share it - it's a bash script I modified from one I had years ago that automatically finds and downloads the latest Milhouse test build then installs it - it does nothing if you're already up-to-date. Useful if you want to experience the bleeding edge! Obviously, all the warnings from Milhouse's post about running alpha test software apply! The script is very simple and there is no error handling so YMMV but it's working nicely for me right now.

To install: cut & paste into a text file - I call mine 'update_pi.sh' - put this file in your home directory with ssh / sftp or make it there with nano - then set execution permission with chmod (e.g. "chmod 755 update_pi.sh"). Run it with "./update_pi.sh" when ssh'd into your home directory.

:edit: I removed the script as it has no error handling - allowing the possibility to overwrite your firmware with empty files and thus break your install. I could fix it easily but Milhouse has recommended a better alternative (see below) - so I will be using that in the future and you might wish to do so also! Angel
Have you seen Leopolds Dev Update addon?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-06-03, 13:14)Milhouse Wrote: Have you seen Leopolds Dev Update addon?

No - I hadn't - that's much more slick! Thank you

Only terrible dilemma - options of other builds!!! Haha
Fair warning, it killed my install, something went wrong with the download, tar could not extract but the script did overwrite start.elf and bootcode.bin with zero-byte files.

:edit, ah did not know that addon, will use that Smile
wow - I can only apologise - it works fine on my install - as I said there is no error handling - the addon that Milhouse recommends looks like a much better option.

I assume you know how to recover (SD card in PC - rewrite those files from package).
Yeah thanks, no problem at all ;-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Simple Update Script for Milhouse test builds0