New ECS Liva models? (HDMI 2.0?)
http://liliputing.com/2015/06/ecs-introd...chips.html

The Core M model appears to have 2 HDMI outputs - one is labelled HDMI 2.0. Does this mean one of them will support 4K at 50p and 60p - or is it just to label the second HDMI socket?
(2015-06-03, 16:53)noggin Wrote: http://liliputing.com/2015/06/ecs-introd...chips.html

The Core M model appears to have 2 HDMI outputs - one is labelled HDMI 2.0. Does this mean one of them will support 4K at 50p and 60p - or is it just to label the second HDMI socket?

From the press release:
Quote:New HDMI 2.0 video output provides 60FPS smoothly experience;
Edit: That press release is confusing, but it really does seem to confirm that the high-end model will feature HDMI 2.0.
Specs look fine, but the look of the boxes, especially the "high end" one is ... disturbing for the least.
It does look very unrefined.
It can live out of sight if it delivers 2160/50p...
Well, I am somewhat interested in the pricing of the unit, so let's wait and see.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you better get the low end Braswell version as Core M (if it uses HD Graphics 5300 that all Core M have featured) does not support hevc decoding. That is if the Braswell version had HDMI 2.0 output..which it doesn't seem to have. So back to square one then...
(2015-06-03, 23:45)Soli Wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but you better get the low end Braswell version as Core M (if it uses HD Graphics 5300 that all Core M have featured) does not support hevc decoding. That is if the Braswell version had HDMI output..which it doesn't seem to have. So back to square one then...

That's one use case. One thing a lot of us want to avoid is double scaling of 1080p content. Most (well many of us) run Kodi at 1080p with refresh rate adjustment, which with a UHD TV means 576i and 720p content is currently double-scaled - once to 1080p in Kodi, and again to 2160p in our UHD TVs. This doesn't do great things for picture quality.

We can't currently upscale 576/50i or 720/50p to 2160/50p in Kodi, as HDMI 1.4 maxes out at 2160/30p, so there are reasons to have 2160/60p and 50p output even if you aren't watching 2160/50p or 60p native content (which is likely to be HEVC encoded)
Could this device go to suspend mode?

I want to wake up from a USB IR receiver. Anyone could confirm it?

Best regards.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New ECS Liva models? (HDMI 2.0?)0