Android 4k vidoe render under mediacodec mode plus hardware decoder & display
Hi
Is this render issue on Kodi's todo list now?
XBMC-lover & trouble-maker
Hi Is this on the todo-list for 4K video playback?
Yes, it's on the TODO.
No, it's not done, yet.
thanks
Hello, er ,how about the progress for this issue?
(2015-06-05, 11:40)yvonne.chen Wrote: Oh Thanks a bunch for your reply ^_^,do you have a AML platform to reproduce the issue?
The reason we turn to mediacodec api is that android version above 5.0 with selinux has strict permission control to device access.
As you know we need to give many device 666 permission to using amlcodec.

For other APK using mediacodec api ,we send 4K video es streams to decode & display out under kernel level as amlcodec do. under XBMC'S mediacodec render method ,video is covered by OSD. maybe need do some transparency . For other APK, hwc_overlay_compose is handled by surface flinger, we did the transparency and video axis control here.

nvidia shield, you mentioned, does this means they scaled 4k video to 1080p and display out by OSD ?

Hi,

I missed this thread until Koying pointed me to it. amlcodec works without issues on Aml Lollipop 5.1.1 (SDK release 2015-05-14). Amlogic already added some selinux permissions for xbmc, but few of them are still missing in mentioned SDK. There is no setting permissions manually to 666, it's all handled by selinux and works properly. PM me with your email address if you need info (little too much info to post in thread) on what to add to sepolicies for kodi to work with amlcodec.
Here is a first test of mediacodec with multisurface: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/andr...bi-v7a.apk
Don't forget to disable amlcodec in Settings-Video-Acceleration (after putting the "Setting level" on "Expert").

Seems fine on Minix S812, but cannot test (currently) on an actual 4K display.

Stane,
Would be interesting to test on a 720p fb/lollipop, too, especially checking if compositing is done properly by H/W, i.e. no downscaling/upscaling effect for 1080p on 720p fb.
(2015-07-28, 22:20)Koying Wrote: Here is a first test of mediacodec with multisurface: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/andr...bi-v7a.apk
Don't forget to disable amlcodec in Settings-Video-Acceleration (after putting the "Setting level" on "Expert").

Seems fine on Minix S812, but cannot test (currently) on an actual 4K display.

Stane,
Would be interesting to test on a 720p fb/lollipop, too, especially checking if compositing is done properly by H/W, i.e. no downscaling/upscaling effect for 1080p on 720p fb.

I confirm that all my test videos are working fine with fb 720p on output 720p and 1080p on lp S805. 4K I can't test now, will do tomorrow (I do have 4K tv) and S812 device, but no lp compiled for it atm.
Thanks Stane.

Please note that your amlcodec fixes are still very much welcome, at least for aml on Linux, which is picking speed...
Thanks very much both Koying & stane1983!Great job! Now aml platform support full 4K display also using mediacodec!
I just wonder when the fans can get kodi release with mediacodec multisurface.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
4k vidoe render under mediacodec mode plus hardware decoder & display1