vdr 2.2.0
dvbapi (2.2.0)
vnsiserver (1.3.0)
svdrpservice (1.0.0)

Client side:
Kodibuntu 14.04.01
XBMC 14.2
kodi-pvr-vdr-vnsi 1.9.25

First of all, live TV working perfectly (SD and HD)! I use wired and wireless network - static addresses on all machines.
Recorded some TV (SD or HD - does not matter). When I try to play this on wireless (TV-->Recordings) things goes wierd. (On wired network work OK). Stream start and after few seconds appear buffering... message. Buffer goes to 99%, and then rapidly goes to 0. and again, again... Sometimes buffer start from 5-10% and slowly goes up (play is OK) - when hit 99% then goes fast down to 0 and problems starts again.
Wireless network is 300 Mbps - real speed is about 120-180 Mbps (test more than once - copied files 10, 20, 50 GB - constant speed is about 20 MB/sec.)
i try with and without advancedsettings.xml file (manual buffer work some time (minute or two)) and then start again...
Any help is appreciated.
Could you enable debugging, repeat the problem, pastebin your log file and post a link? I doubt anyone will be able to help otherwise.
(Try Addons: Kodi log uploader)
Here is log file from client:

http://pastebin.com/KwF8qaD0
As I suspected. The player is being starved of data:
Code:
21:33:27 T:140422965860096 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(audio)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available
21:33:28 T:140421960230656 WARNING: Previous line repeats 4 times.
21:33:28 T:140421960230656 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(video)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available
21:34:01 T:140422965860096 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(audio)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available
21:34:02 T:140421960230656 WARNING: Previous line repeats 3 times.
Is there an 'enable more debugging information' setting in your VDR VNSI Client (usually in Settings-Addons-PVR Addons-'your client'-configure-advanced, or something like that). This might provide some more information in the log file. Probably however, it will just show the addon is re-trying data requests. Unless it highlights a possible bug in the backend or addon, I doubt it will help fix the problem.

I suspect that data requsts from the backend are getting lost periodically over your wifi network (i.e. packet loss, or extremely delayed packets which arrive that late that the addon has already given up on them).

Things I would try in your situation to improve things:
  1. Try a different channel for your wifi (maybe with less interference from your neighbour's wifi)
  2. Increase the amount of buffering used by Kodi (see below)
  3. re-site your wifi router / get a bigger wifi antenna for your client.
  4. try powerline networking instead of wifi (I use this for my more 'remote' clients)
  5. run a long cable and switch back to a wired connection (always the best solution for video streaming)

I notice that you don't have an advancedsettings.xml file loaded (they normally show up in the log file)
You could try creating one with tweaks in the <pvr> settings section (see http://kodi.wiki/view/advancedsettings.xml)
I would suggest creating one that looks like this, putting it in your 'userdata' folder (~/.kodi/userdata on linux) and playing with the values of these tags to see what difference it makes:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<pvr>
<minvideocachelevel>5</minvideocachelevel>
<minaudiocachelevel>10</minaudiocachelevel>
<cacheindvdplayer>true</cacheindvdplayer>
</pvr>
</advancedsettings>

Also, if you can access the files via UPnP or a network share instead (still over wifi), you could see if viewing them via 'Video Files' makes any difference. I believe caching of video via this route uses a different part of advancedsettings.xml (<network>) which you could also play with to see if it makes any difference.

If it helps I used to have problems like this viewing via PVR (mythtv) with my most 'remote' client via powerline (openelec on RPi). Viewing via UPnP was better (seemed to use more buffering automatically). Upgrading from the OE4 series (Gotham) to OE 5.0.8 (14.2 - Helix) and the new pvr.mythtv addon seemed to improve things without any tweaks in advancedsettings, although this may have no bearing on your problems as your hardware and backend are different.

It may be completely unrelated, but I have seen odd 'buffering' behaviour (only showing 0 or 99 and apparently not working properly as a buffer - the way you describe) with certain Kodi builds when skipping forwards or back in a recording. If memory serves this was mostly using alpha builds/nightlies. Switching back to a 'stable' OE build 'fixed' the problem (i.e. buffering worked as expected). You could also try a different (maybe older / newer) kodi build to see if it makes any difference.

Let us know if you manage to fix the problem and if so, how you did it.
Best of luck!
First of all, thank you for help!

Probably is not hardware related (PC or WiFi network - 99% I'm sure in that) - tested with Tvheadend and working as expected - buffer never go down 95-99% all the time. On same server I have plexmediaserver - stream 3 or 4 HD movies in the same time with bitrate over 15 Mbps for each and no problem at all. I test with XVDR plugin and get same problems (even worse - buffer goes down faster). Wired network work in both cases OK.

Tested few more recordings and get this: until buffer reach 99% or 0% work OK - when reach (min or max) starting buffering issues and never stop again - buffer goes up and down from 0 to 99 for 5-6 sec (SD).

Tested with samba share (same server, client, wifi) and one stream work ok, other streams won't play - again buffer.
Another PC (on the same wifi, same client) work ok for all streams!

I'm totally confused - will hunt for gremlins next few days Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with recordings0