Windows 10/Elimination of Windows Media Center
If I upgrade to windows 10 in July...I have been told that Windows Media Center will be eliminated, I only use it to watch live TV on my PC... I would like to replace it with KODI and I have already downloaded it...but cannot figure out how to watch the LIVE TV function... this is all I would like to do with it...please help before the update takes place...thanks, Lou
If you already have WMC running as a PVR, you can look in the PVR-WMC subforum and see how to setup Kodi to use WMC as your PVR. It requires installing a server program on the WMC machine, then using the matching client as an addon in any Kodi install (WMC machine or other reachable via your LAN). If you upgrade to Win 10 you will need a new PVR solution. There's a couple different ones that run on windows OS, I am most familiar with NextPVR. The concept is similar -- install the NextPVR software on one machine which hosts the Live TV hardware (or has access to it for example HDHomerun) then install the matching NextPVR client as an addon in any Kodi setup.

scott s.
You need a proper backend that will work with your TV tuner card. Live TV (wiki)
You can always upgrade to win 10 and still use win 7 or 8..1 in a vm for the live tv server. I wouldn't want to pay for guide data when you can get it free with Windows. I honestly think nothing beats WMC as a PVR and I have tried them all. I will be sticking to Win 8.1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 10/Elimination of Windows Media Center0