Live-TV buffers on and off at beginning
I use ServerWMC as part of my media setup. That include my main HTPC and a remote PC in the bedroom. Kodi in the bedroom accesses ServerWMC on the main HTPC.

On the bedroom system, when I start Live TV playback, the feed continuously pauses, buffers then plays again. It only plays a few seconds at a time. The solution is simple but inconvenient. Just manually pause playback for a few seconds then press play. At this point playback will be ok.

I can pull together more information if it would help troubleshoot.

Take Care
What is the network connection between your bedroom and server machine?

Also, you can always bake the buffer delay you wait into swmc's settings so that it happens automatically when you start a stream.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
I think I figured it out. My bedroom TV always resumes from sleep. It seems that the buffering is a result of the antivirus doing the work. There are sometimes other startup tasks that get in the way.

FYI. my network is wireless AC to this PC. This seems to have eliminated the other buffering issues I have sometimes run into.

Another interesting item. Sometimes when the channel guide is getting loaded, it will stop partway through (i.e. at 100 of 130 channels). It never resumes. I finally figured out a work around. from the LiveTV settings, just resut the Guide info. That restarts the channel guide download and usually completes as it should.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live-TV buffers on and off at beginning0