Some scraping and nfo advice?
So, something I've been thinking about. It involves quite a few add-ons. I just want some advice.

I have a movie folder that is set to be scraped with TMDB along with ratings from IMDB.
I use Genesis to download the items in my collections and watchlist from Trakt account to that folder.
I have watchdog add-on, so whenever a new media is available they are automatically scraped into Isengard.
I love having extra-artworks like cdart and clearart, I get these with MediaElch (gonna try-out Media Companion soon because MediaElch has issues), along with extra info that are saved in a .nfo file. However, I do find the .nfo files redundant. I mean I do use it sometimes, like for example when I create my own movie set (I create DC Universe Animated Original Movies Collection for all the animated dc movies).

The problem is whenever all this happens, fanarts and posters are scraped in as well. Some of them I don't like. They are scraped into Isengard before I use MediaElch. So, after I use those other software to get the artworks that I want, I find that I have to either go through each movie information individually to change the artworks, or use Texture Cache Maintenance Utility. However, for some reason, I don't know how to make a bulk change, so I might just delete the entire thumbnails folder and Textures13.db file.

Does anyone else have this problem?
What do you suggest?

Also, is there a shortcut key for volume amplification?

PS. My problem is not with the add-ons or other software.
Laptop: Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 6700HQ (2.60 GHz) | 1 TB + 8 GB SSHD
Kodi 18.3
MiniPC: LibreELEC 8.2.1
Sharing Media: SMB (HDD: 2 TB, 1 TB) | Media Manager/Organizer - Media Companion
1. Do not talk about pirate addons they are banned, please read forum rules

2. If you scraped with Media Elch first, the fanarts you choose will be scanned in KODI, no need to do it twice

3. You can use the + and - keys for up and down volume, this will have no effect on passthru
(2015-06-08, 10:14)k4sh1n Wrote: 1. Do not talk about pirate addons they are banned, please read forum rules

2. If you scraped with Media Elch first, the fanarts you choose will be scanned in KODI, no need to do it twice

3. You can use the + and - keys for up and down volume, this will have no effect on passthru

Sorry about that.
I just realized the add-on that you're referring to.

I was referring to Volume amplification (dynamic range compression), not the volume.

What about the posters that are scraped in before media is scraped externally? How do I bulk change those?
Wait, would clearing the cache, change them to the updated artwork?
Laptop: Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 6700HQ (2.60 GHz) | 1 TB + 8 GB SSHD
Kodi 18.3
Sharing Media: SMB (HDD: 2 TB, 1 TB) | Media Manager/Organizer - Media Companion
Usually KODI is re-cached with amended fanart every 24-72 hrs.
Other than that the manual way via the KODI GUI, or as you have been using Millhouse cache tool
DRC is a tricky one, press M while playing something, audio settings there should be amplification in there then change slider to left or right

Generally if you leave KODI running for the above time, it should change the artwork providing they are of the correct naming conventions/s
(2015-06-08, 15:50)k4sh1n Wrote: Usually KODI is re-cached with amended fanart every 24-72 hrs.
Other than that the manual way via the KODI GUI, or as you have been using Millhouse cache tool
DRC is a tricky one, press M while playing something, audio settings there should be amplification in there then change slider to left or right

Generally if you leave KODI running for the above time, it should change the artwork providing they are of the correct naming conventions/s

Hmm... interesting.
Thanks Smile
Kodi 18.3

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some scraping and nfo advice?0