[Release] Emby for Kodi 1.0 [Liv]
Emby Server transcoding support – use Kodi when you are away from home! -

I guess i will give this a try. It would streamline my multi interface setup right now.

Currently i have Plex to transcode my 10bit video files for the fire tv
TinyMediamanger to mange all the files
and then kodi running on the firetv building its own database which is apparently too big to handle on it.

Hopefully the transcoding settings will allow me to pick and choose what get transcoded.
Just wanted to chime in how much I enjoy this plugin. For me, it negates a need to use Plex or MySQL. On top of that, the dev team has been very responsive in their forums. I'm only just coming back to Kodi after running it on my original Xbox for ages, and am really enjoying Emby as the backend with Kodi as the frontend with any skin I want. Great work.
Yeah I like Emby, but it does seem to slow up Kodi when it comes to going through the list of movies (Info 3 view in CCM for Helix). cover art and backdrops lag a little as well as scrolling through the list. But, it's still pretty nifty.

Now that I've installed it (Win 8.1 w/Bing), I don't like the way I installed it. The cache for Emby is in appdata/roaming/ on my C: drive. C: drive is a 64gb SSD. Now I want to relocate the cache to my 1TB D: drive. I wonder if I can copy it over then tell Emby in the settings that's where it is. Or, will I have to just tell it to put it there and it will copy/rebuild it? That cache is taking up a lot of disk space and making a lot of read/writes which contributes to shortening the life of my SSD.....

I've asked on the support forum but got no answer, as yet.
Where can i get the lastest update> i belive its 1,10
@xnappo very interested in this! Thank you. I have added emby and successfully added livetv via embytv plugin that is working perfectly.

I downloaded the repo and installed in kodi in hopes to sync my kodi library to emby but it does not seem to have worked. I have a "movies" folder with no data. What is the best way to get my movies and tv to sync or restart the process?
(2015-06-22, 17:31)bry- Wrote: @xnappo very interested in this! Thank you. I have added emby and successfully added livetv via embytv plugin that is working perfectly.

I downloaded the repo and installed in kodi in hopes to sync my kodi library to emby but it does not seem to have worked. I have a "movies" folder with no data. What is the best way to get my movies and tv to sync or restart the process?

Having the same issue. I only spent a few minutes on it last night but i belive you need to set up SMB shares and tell emby to use path substitution so your box can find the shares over the network.

IE emby just uses the direct path D:\Movies or D:\TV Shows but Kodi needs the SMB share path \\HTPC\Movies or \\HTPC\TV Shows so in the server settings you need to setup a path sub that makes D:\* -> \\HTPC\*. You also will need to provide the emby add-on with a network username & password. After this is done i believe direct streaming will work. I'm just wondering how i can force Emby to transcode my 10bit blueray rips.Undecided
(2015-06-22, 18:16)TwistedisAGod Wrote:
(2015-06-22, 17:31)bry- Wrote: @xnappo very interested in this! Thank you. I have added emby and successfully added livetv via embytv plugin that is working perfectly.

Having the same issue. I only spent a few minutes on it last night but i belive you need to set up SMB shares and tell emby to use path substitution so your box can find the shares over the network.

IE emby just uses the direct path D:\Movies or D:\TV Shows but Kodi needs the SMB share path \\HTPC\Movies or \\HTPC\TV Shows so in the server settings you need to setup a path sub that makes D:\* -> \\HTPC\*. You also will need to provide the emby add-on with a network username & password. After this is done i believe direct streaming will work. I'm just wondering how i can force Emby to transcode my 10bit blueray rips.Undecided

Actually the problem is you need version 1.10 or higher for 15.0 Beta2. It can be found in the emby beta repo. Head to their forms to find the download link.
Thanks for this - finally had time to revisit this. Unfortunately not having any luck syncing my kodi library to the emby server. Running kodi add-on verison 1.1.17 from the beta repo and kodi v15rc2 until 15.1 is out. any insight would be appreciated. happy to help with whatever info is needed from my end.
Please visit the Emby forums and see the 'How to report a problem' thread in the Kodi section.
I'm gonna try this out on my sheild tv running kodi.... I see there is some paid features is that the way to go or is the free ver good for most?
Stay with the free one, works great!
Yeah - the paid things are some little bonuses for supporting Emby - it is fully functional without.
(2015-06-08, 12:03)meesham Wrote: There's an option to use the local path so that Kodi goes directly to the shared media, you'd only be transcoding if you started watching from the webapp or other frontend.

(2015-06-10, 14:57)marcelveldt Wrote: ... you can override the transcode settings on each Kodi device. By default it will try to use the direct (SMB) path, if that fails it will use direct streaming (the server streams the entire contents of the file as-is) and a a last resort it will go transcoding. You can force the transcode in the plugin's settings by setting a max bandwidth

Gave up on trying to use MySQL in favor of Emby server on my QNAP NAS.

I'm a bit confused on setup, because I'm new to NAS and know less than nothing about Linux. Perhaps someone can clarify for me.

My intention is to use my Nvidia Shield exactly as described above as the 'head end' connected to my HT system, using Emby as the 'library server' only to access BluRay ISOs.

Since I have such a powerful front end, I don't want the NAS or Emby to do any transcoding. Here's what I see when I go to the Emby library. I'm not sure if I should be manually adding the IP and path, or what. Right now, the path is:

/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/Multimedia/Movies

Below that there's a notice: Optional: Path substitution can map server paths to network shares that clients can access for direct playback. however there's no example for how to do so. For example, do I add //SERVERNAME/path/... or do I add 192.168.1.200/... and so on?

I've already added the NAS to the Kodi file explorer so that it could access the Emby repository.zip file, so that much is already done.
If you are accessing via smb, you'll want to make sure your share in emby look like the following with the help of path substitution (take a path and redirect it to the actual share):

/share/to/content

to:
\\{servername}\path\to\share
Hello,
with addon video emby version "2.3.61" and Kodi version "20171219-b219bd0a-master-x64" I encountered a problem, that is often does not display clearart and clearlogo but not always. It seemed right to report it ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Emby for Kodi 1.0 [Liv]5