Win Chromecast
I have Kodi 14.2 Helix – how can i get chromecast to work with that - I am running Windows. Can anyone help me please?
Chromecast as I understand it, is a dongle type device plugged into your TV and using wifi will cast your browser information or video to the TV, and then directly connect to the web source for continuance. Kodi is a media-player and at this time has no connection to wifi and although some people have this working on Android devices, I have not seen anything for Windows (I could be mistaken, did see reference to kodicast ) and I see almost no advantage using Chromecast, considering Kodi is primarily for use with your own content, there might be some advantage with streams, but some software would be needed to bridge directly to the source and looking through the repository, nothing has popped up.

Perhaps you could post this as a feature request in that forum.
There is a Chrome browser addon that allows you cast your entire PC desktop to Chromecast, but it only supports 720p and is flaky to say the least. You could cast Kodi using that, but it would be better just to connect your Windows PC to the TV. I have owned a Chromecast for about 6 months and I can't say they are all that TBH. A cheap Android stick or a Raspberry Pi would be much better, for similar money.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Chromecast0