• 2(current)
Intel Braswell boxes compilation
Added an ASRock Mobo (Dutch) review to the first post:
Four-ASRock motherboards with Intel Braswell review: the ideal HTPC basis? (translated)

The translation is decent and the reviewers really liked the ASRock N3150-ITX to be used an HTPC, even giving it an "Excellent" award.
Reviews everywhere but nowhere to buy Confused
Looking at the ASRock Beebox N3150 as a nice little kodi/emulator box
What's about 3D? will N3XXX support MVC decoing and frame-packed output at 1080p?
(2015-07-09, 04:26)smitopher Wrote: Reviews everywhere but nowhere to buy Confused

Some ASRock motherboards are already available at newegg and also in europe. The beebox can be found in a couple of stores in europe ...
Another interesting piece of information regarding main10 profile (HEVC 10-bit):

hardware.fr Wrote:Note that the HEVC decoder Intel GPU handles both the Main and Main10 profiles (10 bits) and is currently limited to Level 5 (100 Mbit/s 4K 30Hz for Main10 profile). Acceleration does not allow to go higher, the Blu-Ray standard 4K can theoretically go up to 60 Hz for some content (as a reminder, the 4K video outputs are also somehow limited to 30 Hz on Braswell cards and do not support HDMI 2.0 / HDCP 2.2).

Source: http://www.hardware.fr/articles/936-5/gp...4-265.html (translated by google)
(2015-07-10, 19:02)oWarchild Wrote:
(2015-07-09, 04:26)smitopher Wrote: Reviews everywhere but nowhere to buy Confused

Some ASRock motherboards are already available at newegg and also in europe. The beebox can be found in a couple of stores in europe ...

Thanks for this info
Hello guys,
so, i'd like to buy an AsRock N3150-ITX.
I need to play just hevc and h264 on 1080p.
But don't understand if there is the support for MVC for 3d bluray!
Update:
according to intel, there is no 3D support.
Intel® InTru™ 3D Technology: No
http://ark.intel.com/products/87261/Inte...o-2_40-GHz

decidedly ridiculous.
probably the request is ridiculous:
there is a way to convert a MVC BluRay Mobie to or H265/H264 without loose deailts? (so, not side by side).
Thanks in advance
I'm guessing the scenario will be similar to the Haswell Chromebox:

Chromebox wiki page Wrote:3D playback is supported (HSBS/HTAB), though the decoding of MVC streams (as used in 3D Blu-ray ISOs) is not supported under Linux at this time; the hardware itself is capable.

source: http://kodi.wiki/view/ASUS_Chromebox
(2015-07-13, 15:59)oWarchild Wrote: I'm guessing the scenario will be similar to the Haswell Chromebox:

Chromebox wiki page Wrote:3D playback is supported (HSBS/HTAB), though the decoding of MVC streams (as used in 3D Blu-ray ISOs) is not supported under Linux at this time; the hardware itself is capable.

Don't think so....
on ARK there is NO on Intel® InTru™ 3D Technology
Intel® InTru™ 3D Technology provides stereoscopic 3-D Blu-ray* playback in full 1080p resolution over HDMI* 1.4 and premium audio.
So, doesn't support it Sad
I think that also chromebox doesn't support it. On linux MVC doesn't works and on windows no one uses it because until few months ago there wasn't audio!
Anyway they are 2 really different cpu (n3700 and u2955u) so i can't be sure at 100%.
But also an Intel G3420 dones't support it (i have it, and i loose a lot of time after to understand this!)
For example my old Intel i3-2310M support it!
AMD support it without problems.
Isn't a big problem, anyway is ridiculous that this cpu support HEVC but doesn't with 3D MVC tecnology.....
(2015-07-13, 16:34)merlino Wrote:
(2015-07-13, 15:59)oWarchild Wrote: I'm guessing the scenario will be similar to the Haswell Chromebox:

Don't think so....
Intel® InTru™ 3D Technology provides stereoscopic 3-D Blu-ray* playback in full 1080p resolution over HDMI* 1.4 and premium audio.
I think that also chromebox doesn't support it. On linux MVC doesn't works and on windows no one uses it because until few months ago there wasn't audio!
Anyway they are 2 really different cpu (n3700 and u2955u) so i can't be sure at 100%.
But also an Intel G3420 dones't support it (i have it, and i loose a lot of time after to understand this!)
Isn't a big problem, anyway is ridiculous that this cpu support HEVC but doesn't with 3D MVC tecnology.....

Premium Audio is HD Audio? Anyone tested if Braswell works with DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD?
(2015-07-13, 16:34)merlino Wrote: Don't think so....

the 2955/57U supports MVC just fine

(2015-07-13, 18:00)wanthd Wrote: Premium Audio is HD Audio? Anyone tested if Braswell works with DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD?

marketing jibberish. Braswell bitstreams HD audio just fine, many people have tested it
(2015-07-13, 21:02)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-07-13, 18:00)wanthd Wrote: Premium Audio is HD Audio? Anyone tested if Braswell works with DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD?

marketing jibberish. Braswell bitstreams HD audio just fine, many people have tested it

Braswell can passthrough HD Audio (DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD) even on Windows 8.1?
Passthrough HD Audio didn't work on old baytrail (J1900/J2900) on Windows 8.1.

I'm interested in buy a Asrock N3150-ITX, but i have this doubt about the HD Audio.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Braswell boxes compilation3