• 6(current)
Intel Braswell boxes compilation
Thanks @xexe.

Regarding Braswell's Kodi performance my favourite reviews are nucblog.net - Braswell NUC Review (NUC5CPYH): Building a HTPC with OpenELEC and technikaffe.de - Intel NUC5PPYH the test under Windows 8.1 and OpenELEC (translation). Both are included in the first post of the thread.
ASRock Beebox N3150 is now available at newegg for $155: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...-_-Product

I've updated the first post.
I did not realise this many existed yet

http://linuxgizmos.com/round-up-12-brasw...tx-boards/
Having problems getting your TV shows recognized?

Try my extra TV show matching REGEX here
Impressive and informative, added the link to the first post of the thread.
(2015-08-14, 12:51)oWarchild Wrote: Regarding Braswell's Kodi performance my favourite reviews are nucblog.net - Braswell NUC Review (NUC5CPYH): Building a HTPC with OpenELEC and technikaffe.de - Intel NUC5PPYH the test under Windows 8.1 and OpenELEC (translation). Both are included in the first post of the thread.

Both sites have also written about NUC5PPYH. The difference in OE seems to be minimal.
(2015-07-29, 18:17)fritsch Wrote:
(2015-07-29, 17:22)iglitare Wrote:
(2015-07-15, 09:39)fritsch Wrote: I own this board. DTS-HD / TrueHD works fine ... but only tested on linux. Would not use Windows voluntarily.

i have not been able to get a passthrough of Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD with Kodi 14/15 and Windows 7/8.1.
I think it simply is not supported.

Please try: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5572...ea5.img.gz from an usb stick (gunzip and use w32diskimager to write it onto the stick) ....

Once again ... pay > 100 dollars for windows and receive no hd audio on top ...

hd-audio passthrough in linux was no problem
Yeah - no dear windows users, please stand up and go to the intel support forum and tell them to fix this. I would never accept it as a user - that a single, damn driver destroys my home theater experience cause of some stupid political reasons.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-08-20, 07:34)fritsch Wrote: Yeah - no dear windows users, please stand up and go to the intel support forum and tell them to fix this. I would never accept it as a user - that a single, damn driver destroys my home theater experience cause of some stupid political reasons.

Political or I'd rather say commercial. It's often the case with different products that certain features are only limited with software in order to achieve product differentiation. As an example, cars are sold with the exact same engine, but on the cheaper model it's limited with software on to a certain level.

However, what seems to be baffling is that on the Intel support forums Intel guys themselves have not been able to answer if the Windows drivers actually support HD Audio passthrough. Some of them have asked users to go through all kind of hoops in order to get things working. In other words, they don't seem to know themselves.

I noticed that in the HD Graphics driver package on the Intel support site (I downloaded version 15.40.3.64.4248) there's directory DisplayAudio that contains two different versions of HDMI Display Audio driver: 6.16.00.3178 and 8.20.00.500. The latter will be installed for device VEN_8086&DEV_2809 whereas the former applies for devices VEN_8086&DEV_2807, VEN_8086&DEV_2808 and VEN_8086&DEV_2883. I noticed that my Braswell NUC was VEN_8086&DEV_2883. The same HD Graphics driver applies for Broadwell and Braswell NUCs. Broadwell supports HD Audio passthrough.

Thus I wanted to know if the driver with version number 8.20.00.500 would be the full-featured driver and the other the limited driver. I modified the inf file in the 8.20.00.500 directory to contain DEV_2883 instead of DEV_2809 (you need to change it on two lines quite in the beginning of the file). Then I went to device manager, updated the driver for the "Intel® Display Audio" using the "Have disk" method and pointed to the 8.20.00.500 directory. However, I got an error about unsigned driver and the attempt failed. By following the approach described here I was able to install the driver.

Now the problem is that I don't have a device that would support HD Audio Passthrough. I can see (hear) that the audio via my TV works, so it did not break it totally. But it could be nice if someone with a passthrough capable receiver would try this and report the result here.
@trsqr yeah I tried the 8.20.00.500 driver and no HD Audio Passthrough
Can't all of you that bought it and now cannot use the appropriate way do some strike or something public?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
The ECS LIVA X2 LIVA X2 2GB/32GB (N3050) is now available at newegg for $170.

First post updated
I have the NUC5CPYH, so far I have installed Windows 10 Enterprise on a 120GB SSD, and installed Kodi over that. No issues. I have also installed OpenELEC on a Transsend 64GB SDXC 900MB/s 600x card, the OpenELEC install from USB stick took two tries, I think the formatting of the card was the problem. After some wireless problems, fixed, it works great streaming video.
I want to test an install using the USB 2 header internally to a USB stick. Unfortunately, this type of connector is not flooding the market so to speak. The only source I could find is in the UK, it has a motherboard connector to two USB female connectors, my shipped to the USA price was $16 and change after currency conversion using paypal.

While browsing the Intel technical document, I saw a note stating the SD card slot is not supported in Windows 7. Anybody know if that is true, and if so, is there a fix?

Thanks.
ECS LIVA x2 review at anandtech:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9554/ecs-l...raswell-pc
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
Minix has unveiled the Minix Z series:

• Intel Braswell Celeron N3150 / Pentium N3700
  • 1 x HDMI*
  • 1 x DisplayPort*
  • 1 x S/PDIF
  • Fanless: yes

Source: liliputing
I've got my BeeBox N3150 (16GB Dual Channel RAM, 250 GB eSATA SSD).
First Test: [Beta] OpenELEC 5.95.4 (x86_64) / was installed in about 30 Seconds.
After setting up Kodi - added NFS Path for Movies: took around 8 Minutes for adding 1430 Movies.. (Musik took about 3 hours for 4500 albums)

short testing on AVR Pioneer SC-LX78: Atmos, DTS-HD etc. everything works fine..

My question regarding 4K: will Kodi itself run under 1920x1080 / 60p - and Resolution for 4k Movies will then switch to 4K/24p or how is this working?
Skins are not designed for 4K screens, correct?

will now start test with Windows 10 installation on Beebox - adding Kodi - check again..
My Equipment:
HTPC (i7-8700K 3.7 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD) Windows 10 with Kodi 18.6 & Central SQL DB (Maria DB)
AVR Emotiva RMC-1 & AMP Emotiva XPA9-Gen3, TV LG OLED 65 E6, BD oppo UDP-203, Speaker Revel Performa3 F208 / F206 / C208 / Nubert WS-14 for Atmos/DTS.x)
NAS Synology DS1817+ / DX-517/DX513 (4x8 TB RAID5 + 2 x 5x6TB in RAID5)
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Braswell boxes compilation3