• 7(current)
Intel Braswell boxes compilation
(2015-08-31, 12:59)A-Swiss Wrote: My question regarding 4K: will Kodi itself run under 1920x1080 / 60p - and Resolution for 4k Movies will then switch to 4K/24p or how is this working?
Skins are not designed for 4K screens, correct?

Kodi runs at single fixed output resolution, only the refresh rate can dynamically change. I have more than one customer who prefers 4Kp30 to 1080p60 since everything (including the main UI) looks better. Properly designed skins have no issue at 4K (confluence doesn't).
It is on my todo list, e.g. switch to 1080 if 4k only provided 30 Hz.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-08-31, 16:46)fritsch Wrote: It is on my todo list, e.g. switch to 1080 if 4k only provided 30 Hz.

That would be amazing. It's the one major barrier to running my Intel Kodi set-ups in 4K, as 720/50p, 1080/50i and 576/50i stuff is force to 25p which isn't great.
Will be back next week, then let's see :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
If interested, the test of the actual Beeboxes is online:

http://www.technikaffe.de/anleitung-325-...d_openelec

Wink
Regards,
Dennis
Thanks @DennisTA, I've added it to the first post.
Just installed OpenELEC 5.95.4 on a NUC5CPYH with an Intel SSD and 4GB of memory. Running like a champ, took all of about 2 minutes to do the install. Thus far its running like a dream, thought I might regret not getting the NUC5PPYH but at the moment I sure can't see the value in the extra cores and cost.
@PANiCnz

If you don't want to play HEVC 4k@60Hz, the Celeron NUC is fast enough.
Regards,
Dennis
isn't fast enough also with fritsch oe egl build ?
What's the issue with HD audio on these types of PC's? The hardware is certainly capable of bitstreaming HD audio, but..why doesn't Intel release the drives to do it? It's almost like they are intentionally holding back these boxes from doing something that should be very easy by now.

I still have an Hdi Dune Base 3.0, which was 'new' in 2010. Bitstreams HD audio perfectly. Seems like we're going backwards (sad really)...or something (other than hardware capabilities) is holding it back.
NUC5CPYH is bitsteaming HD audio fine for me in OpenELEC. It's just Windows that's the problem. If you're going to run Windows surely you want something a bit more powerful than Braswell?
(2015-09-04, 22:11)Roby77 Wrote: isn't fast enough also with fritsch oe egl build ?

HEVC is only possible with his build.
Regards,
Dennis
Yes i know Wink, my question (in my terrible english) was if with this oe build NUC5CPYH can do 4k@60hz

but now i remembered that it doesnt't have dp port so max output is @30hz
How fluid is the kodi interface with the NUC braswells? Can it playback Full remuxed blurays without a hitch?
(2015-09-05, 13:23)myst4ry Wrote: How fluid is the kodi interface with the NUC braswells? Can it playback Full remuxed blurays without a hitch?

Yes, they can! :-D
Regards,
Dennis
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Braswell boxes compilation3