• 12(current)
Intel Braswell boxes compilation
(2016-01-20, 13:59)fritsch Wrote: Here, have a look: http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Config...#tab=Intel <- at the bottom

Awesome!

Suspend and resume is working now almost as expected!

I found a typo in the wiki - maybe you can correct this:

Quote:cp .config/firmware/edid.bin cpio/lib/firmware/edid/

should be

Quote:cp .config/firmware/edid/edid.bin cpio/lib/firmware/edid/

With this *new* edid, my AVR is still available after resume.

But there's one little thing I'd like to change:

The solution as mentioned in the wiki only works, if I change refreshrate after resuming.

E.g.:

I set my overall refreshrate to 50.00 hz, as I'm watching tv almost all the time.
Then, after a resume, I got no audio - although my AVR is available and selected in the audio settings.

If I set refreshrate to 60.00 hz (or whatever) and tune to a tv channel, I get audio.

When I set my overall refreshrate to 60.00 hz and tune to a tv channel, the automatic refreshrate-change changes to 50.00 hz and audio is ok.

Hope it get's clear what I mean.

Any ideas?
Try to run xrandr --auto on resume via resume script
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Maybe it goes too much into detail for this should be an info thread about braswell boxes...

But I did not manage to get it working using a resume script.

I tried

Quote:#!/bin/sh
case $1 in
pre)
;;
post)
xrandr --auto;
;;
esac

with overall refreshrate set to 50.00 hz.

After suspend and resume overall refreshrate is still 50.00 hz, my AVR is available but I don't get any audio.
Changing refreshrate and setting it back to 50.00 hz solves the problem.

It doesn't really bother me - automatic refreshrate-changing manages to keep my audio alive but for a "perfect" solution it would be nice to have my display always set to 50.00 hz.

But anyway - thanks for having a look at it fritsch!

*if necessary an admin should move this to another section of the forum*

sw4y
(2016-01-21, 12:35)sw4y Wrote: Maybe it goes too much into detail for this should be an info thread about braswell boxes...

But I did not manage to get it working using a resume script.

I tried

case $1 in
pre)
;;
post)
xrandr --auto;
;;
esac

with overall refreshrate set to 50.00 hz.

After suspend and resume overall refreshrate is still 50.00 hz, my AVR is available but I don't get any audio.
Changing refreshrate and setting it back to 50.00 hz solves the problem.

It doesn't really bother me - automatic refreshrate-changing manages to keep my audio alive but for a "perfect" solution it would be nice to have my display always set to 50.00 hz.

But anyway - thanks for having a look at it fritsch!

*if necessary an admin should move this to another section of the forum*

sw4y

Then try:
sleep 2
xrandr --auto
xrandr -r 60
xrandr -r 50

or something. It's a hack after all which needs to be properly solved in kernel.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-01-21, 12:37)fritsch Wrote: Then try:
sleep 2
xrandr --auto
xrandr -r 60
xrandr -r 50

or something. It's a hack after all which needs to be properly solved in kernel.

you mean all of them, like this

case $1 in
pre)
;;
post)
sleep 2
xrandr --auto;
xrandr -r 60;
xrandr -r 50;
;;
esac
Something that is good enough for hacking arround yes :-) it's just dump fixing, so everything is allowed.
Hi. I bought this: Intel Boxed, NUC Kit, Nuc5ppyh Components, Silver with Black Top (BOXNUC5PPYH)

Is it good enough for playing 1080P and Netflix ? or Should i buy Android Tv box? (No 4K)

I will install Win10Pro on my nuc box and i add SSD and 8GB ram.

Please guys give me your opinions. Smile
This all has been answered multiple times in this thread ... 1080p is a no issue for _any_ decent box out there, even a Raspberry Pi 1 can play that ...
(2016-02-18, 09:27)fritsch Wrote: This all has been answered multiple times in this thread ... 1080p is a no issue for _any_ decent box out there, even a Raspberry Pi 1 can play that ...

I'm sorry for my question but Sir i bought this device (Kangaroo Mobile Desktop Computer) one month ago and i had real bad experience playing 1080P on it via MPC-HC. No smooth at all.

Kangaroo Mobile Desktop Computer Specs:
Intel Atom X5-Z8500 (1.44 GHz)
2 GB LPDDR3 32 GB eMMC SSD
Windows 10 Home
Intel HD Graphics

So i asked if there is a real difference between this device and intel nuc Nuc5ppyh?

Thank you for replying to me.
Hard to say for real life. Both are based on Cherry-View, but this X5 is a SOC - so you might not get correct drivers for it.

Only judging from the specs the performance should be "the same".
(2016-02-18, 09:57)fritsch Wrote: Hard to say for real life. Both are based on Cherry-View, but this X5 is a SOC - so you might not get correct drivers for it.

Only judging from the specs the performance should be "the same".

Sad

hmmm i have one last question Mr.fritsch and i really thankful for you time and effort.

if i want to buy new device for watching 1080P should i go with android based device like: Minix Neo U1 or Tronsmart Vega S95 Telos Nexus player... etc

or return this pc and order new nuc skylake like i3 for example? it cost me same ( intel nuc Nuc5ppyh + android device = intel nuc skylake i3 ).

i need windows for my phones to install roms and stock rom and i need perfect device for watching 1080 movies. So What do you recommend me to do?
Currently - I recommend to buy absolutely nothing, give it 2 months more time :-)
(2016-02-18, 10:12)fritsch Wrote: Currently - I recommend to buy absolutely nothing, give it 2 months more time :-)

I can't wait any longer so i have to buy today at most. many movies and series waitin me Smile

plz give me name or two from your experience.

Thanks for the 1000000 times.
(2016-02-18, 10:15)LeFaisal Wrote:
(2016-02-18, 10:12)fritsch Wrote: Currently - I recommend to buy absolutely nothing, give it 2 months more time :-)

I can't wait any longer so i have to buy today at most. many movies and series waitin me Smile

plz give me name or two from your experience.

Thanks for the 1000000 times.
Maybe it would help if you fully stated your requirements for this box. At first it sounded just like a Windows-based media player. But now it sounds like you're using it to play files and perform other tasks? You mention purchasing both an android device and a NUC and using together, but not the actual setup you're after. You also mention MPC-HC, but that's not relevant here, unless you're using it as an external player within Kodi.

Speaking from experience, the Pentium NUC plays everything I throw at it with ease. Though I'm running OpenElec, and not Win10. But if you're seeing non-smooth playback, I'd blame it on drivers or a non-optimized setup. Where is your media located (local, network-connected drive, USB drive, etc)?
Hello. What you can recommend me? I am looking for good mini pc / htpc for my main room (i have wetek play as well). Openelec support would be nice here and support for dvb-s2 tuner as well because mainly it will be used to watch tv from sat.
Regards
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Braswell boxes compilation3