SFTP suddenly very slow
Hi there,

I'm running Kodi Helix on my Raspberry.
I connected an active USB HDD (works fine) on which my videos and music are stored.

Since I don't want to plug off the HDD from the raspberry and connect it to my pc every time I have a new piece of music or a new film I want to transfer new files vie SFTP to the raspberry.
This solution worked fine for me since yesterday. Well... fine meant a transferrate of about 300 kb/s which isn't that fast. But that was ok for me since there are always only a few files to transfer.
Yersterday I decided to also store my pictures to the raspberry HDD. I started the transfer (using first WinSCP than FileZilla) and everything worked as it should. I let everything run overnight to have it finished the transfer. But when I checked it this morning the transfer was still running and with a slow speed of 25 kb/s or slower!

So what went wrongHuh
I tried to restart kodi/ raspberry/ HDD, tried to restart SSH, tried both FileZilla and WinSCP, tried a public-private-key connection with a new key but nothing worked.

Are there any tipps or workarounds? Is there another possibility to transfer files to the raspberry HDD?

I would be glad if there was some help!

Thanks alot!
For a start, you haven't supplied OS/version for Pi or PC (this can be important)
I use a fileexplorer on the PC to copy using smb - but don't do a lot of copying of (large) files at any one time.
Derek
Hi,

sorry for the missing information. It was quite late.
I'm running Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit. My Pi is running Kod Helixi/ OSMC.

The speed is not only slow with large files but also with small files.

Which fileexplorer do you use?
Windows Explorer - can be accessed by using Windows key accompanied by e key
Derek
(2015-06-09, 11:12)rist Wrote: Hi,

sorry for the missing information. It was quite late.
I'm running Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit. My Pi is running Kod Helixi/ OSMC.

The speed is not only slow with large files but also with small files.

Which fileexplorer do you use?

I use Filezilla for that, and it works quite well.
https://filezilla-project.org/
Well, I use FileZilla as well but the problem occurs there too...
Do you have another USB storage device you could plug in to the Pi? Just to try. I had these problems with one of my RPIs and it turned out to be a duff USB cable between the HDD and the Pi.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SFTP suddenly very slow0