Win Kodi sound output source keeps resetting
Hello and good day!
I have a small problem with Kodi, although this problem persists since XBMC.
So, i have a computer with windows 7 sp1 x64. This computer has a lcd tv attached as a monitor, connected through HDMI.
This computer has also speakers. The speakers are set as default sound device.

When i start kodi, i want to automatically play on tv speakers. I go in settings, activate DIRECTSOUND: Hdmi - Samsung.. and everything is ok. But, when i exit and restart kodi, the setting is lost and it's back on DIRECTSOUND: Speakers and i need to enter settings again and set to HDMI sound. Is there a workaround for this problem? Can i "fix" it somehow on HDMI sound only?

I hope you understand what i'm trying to say here Big Grin.

Have a great day!

http://i.imgur.com/xwMlW4n.png

http://i.imgur.com/FqefKbs.jpg
??
I also have this issue (for a long time now... As far as I can remember in fact), but it's not almost random as to how often it happens...

Windows 8.1 in my case.
Any news on this problem - I'm experiencing the exact same issue! anyone know where in the guisettings.xml or other we can modify this as well?
--------
XBMC with Simplicity on a XBMCbuntu Box as well as Windows Box
Avid Learner of skinning and XML!
Do you turn off your TV completely? Maybe your HDMI connection is not found by KODI and resets to default? What happens if you set your HDMI to default in Windows system configuration for sound?
In Windows you need to set the Default Device in the Sound - Playback tab to be the HDMI connection, the screenshot the original poster shared show they have Speakers set as the Default Device hence why it resets back to Speakers.
Are you sure that is the origin of the problem. It seems kind of stupid to change settings in windows because of obvious reasons.

This problem is very annoying and came with win 10 for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi sound output source keeps resetting0