• 2(current)
Mod ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH)
I'm confused. Does this change how Kodi displays for a scope screen or do you just over-scan the projector to fill the scope screen and have image bleed at the top and bottom?

I know some projectors can transition between 16:9 and scope but it sounds like you just overscan and this skin just uses les available screen? Or am I missing something?
It's for CIH zoom method. It's where the projector is zoomed so that a scope movie fills the scope screen, the black bars are off screen. If you were to play a 16:9 movie at the same setting it would spill on to the wall. The Kodi skins are 1920x1080, this mod is also 1920x1080 but with black bars above and below and all of the GUI within 800-820 pixels in the middle of the screen (scope). Font sizes and image sizes are reduced and menus are resized and repositioned as they are on a big screen.
(2015-06-18, 01:55)C.Taylor Wrote: I'm confused. Does this change how Kodi displays for a scope screen or do you just over-scan the projector to fill the scope screen and have image bleed at the top and bottom?

I know some projectors can transition between 16:9 and scope but it sounds like you just overscan and this skin just uses les available screen? Or am I missing something?

If you dont know what this is for, its probably not for you. It is for "zoomers" only. People who use a 16:9 projector on a scope screen, usually 2.35:1 or close to that. They have need to zoom out everytime they watch 16.9 content. The reason is to get the most from their projector on a scope screen, without anamorphic lens: That is 1:1 pixel mapping in all formats.
All that said, I do not understand how anyone with a scope screen and kodi can live without a skin like this, and I have tried for years..
Ok, I've committed the changes now. There is just one folder now instead of a 235 and 240. You can now toggle between 2.35 and 2.40 by going to :

System -> Appearance -> Skin -> Settings -> General -> Scope Format (Toggle)

Uninstall the old version if updating to this one.
(2015-06-18, 15:03)AEnz Wrote:
(2015-06-18, 01:55)C.Taylor Wrote: I'm confused. Does this change how Kodi displays for a scope screen or do you just over-scan the projector to fill the scope screen and have image bleed at the top and bottom?

If you dont know what this is for, its probably not for you. It is for "zoomers" only. People who use a 16:9 projector on a scope screen, usually 2.35:1 or close to that. They have need to zoom out everytime they watch 16.9 content. The reason is to get the most from their projector on a scope screen, without anamorphic lens: That is 1:1 pixel mapping in all formats.
All that said, I do not understand how anyone with a scope screen and kodi can live without a skin like this, and I have tried for years..

Thanks for clarifying, just not sure why you felt the need to talk down to me. I asked if it was for "zoomers" as you put it. Or I guess those with the funds for an automated matting system. Myself, I was interested in a scope screen with an anamorphic lens system at one point. I guess regulat skins still work with that.
Yeah the regular skins would work but you might still have the bars left and right side. I'm not certain on that. Or I suppose it could stretch the image for you... Had thought about getting an anamorphic lens myself, but as you mentioned, it was the funds that kind of put me off! Smile
(2015-06-18, 21:18)C.Taylor Wrote:
(2015-06-18, 15:03)AEnz Wrote:

Thanks for clarifying, just not sure why you felt the need to talk down to me. I asked if it was for "zoomers" as you put it. Or I guess those with the funds for an automated matting system. Myself, I was interested in a scope screen with an anamorphic lens system at one point. I guess regulat skins still work with that.

I had no intention of talking down to anyone. I apologize if it came out that way. I dont think automated masking is needed for these skins, only a plus.
For anamorphic lens setups a very different approach is required. Not sure it is within the scope of this thread.
I guess even using an automated matting system wouldn't work unless you operate Kodi on the full 16:9 screen and only once the movie starts does the matting move into place for scope. Otherwise the Kodi screen would be projected onto the matting. Would need to have both a 16:9 and scope GUI that is somehow triggered by the HTPC to change based on the current screen matting set-up. Same goes for using an anamorphic lens. In scope it would distort the GUI something oddly. First world problems hey?
Many Thanks,

Finally a skin that works great on my CIH setup! I've been looking for one for the past year.
Great Work!
No problem. Currently working on Confluence now (CCM version) If you find any issues with ScopeNox let me know, cheers for posting Wink
Ok you did ask for any issues...
When plying a video file and going back to the main menu with main menu bar set low, the movie thumb and info is a little high.
http://i.imgur.com/ipBUHPa.jpg

in movie info, there seems to be some lines/boxes around the tags/flags, either these or the tags are a little misaligned
http://i.imgur.com/osg4jCY.jpg

I would love to know what view you use in movies, I like infoWall. I do miss a few flags/tags, not sure what the are called, the video codec, audio format etc. I do NOT miss the number of channels (5.1, 7.1 and so) because they still dont work.
I did ask yeah Laugh

They should be easy enough to sort. Will have a crack at them this evening. I'm doing this work on my laptop mostly and found some of the lines hard to see in the past and missed them, I must mess with the settings to make them more visible. I mostly use the Wall view. The one with the full spread, cant remember the exact name. Although last few times I've been watching I havent got around the menus much so thanks for posting these.
Yeah I didnt notice on my laptop either, but had a good run in the theater last night. Again we are nitpicking but also I dont know if there is a simple way to shrink the settings menu so that the whole menu is within the scope area without scrolling. It is not a real problem.

All in all it is the biggest upgrade my theater has gotten in long time. The impact of an almost perfect scope skin is unreal and need to be experienced. It has been at the very top of my wish-list theater-wise. I am sure many others will come to appreciate this.

And I really do hope you keep it updated for kodi 15.X and more.
Yeah I'll have a look about shrinking the settings. Just wanted everything sorted initially. I'd need to spend a day in the cinema room working at it as using the laptop can sometimes be hard to judge what size of text would be too small.

I had run this on Kodi 15 (beta) at some point, either on the HTPC or the laptop, can't remember which and it was working fine I think. But I will keep it up to date as I dont fancy going back to -20% zoom again. I think you were interested in Confluence also, I have started doing a bit more work in that. The CCM mod version but that might take a while longer.
Regarding confluence, it is always good to have an alternate skin, but I have already gotten used to Nox and even like som details better.
I think these skins will run on 15.0 but some things always change a bit, or a lot, they dont work on 13.2 unfortunately
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH)3