Bug CEC not working on KODI but cec-client works
Hello,

I have a Raspberry Pi 1 B+ running Kodi 14 on Debian Jessie.
My Raspberry Pi is connected to a CEC capable LG TV.
For some reason, KODI does not respond to my TV's remote control commands, although CEC is activated and the TV shows my Raspberry Pi as CEC-capable (Simplink activated). Also, on Kodi's settings, "Peripherals" is greyed out.
I was able to compile libcec and cec-client (running on the Pi) does show all my button presses from my TV remote.

Any ideas on what I can do to try and solve (or at least debug) this situation? I've enabled CEC-specific log but nothing useful shows on kodi.log

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
you could try another HDMI cable, (it seems you need at least HDMI 1.4)
LG seems to have a bad working CEC.
i got 2 identical Pi's running and the one connected to the LG always have issues like loosing CEC connection what only can be solved with a reboot.
and the one connected to my Samsung works without any issues.
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
Thanks for the reply TRaSH. I don't think switching HDMI cables would make a difference since using the same exact setup cec-client running on the RPi is able to detect keypresses on the TV Remote.
The problem seems to be Kodi not wanting to use / enable CEC (Peripherals greyed out)...
Your TV sees the CEC device, but Kodi is not. The issue is likely with your setup as many users are using CEC. Narrow the cause down by isolating them 1 by 1. Start with the HDMI cable since it is the easiest, then try a different television, even if you have to bring it to a friends house to test.
I'd suggest trying an OpenELEC or OSMC build. Quite likely the build doesn't even have CEC enabled.
Hi katsup, thanks for the reply. I don't think that's the case, since the RPi does receive the keypresses when using cec-client... Looks like something specific with Kodi...

popcornmix I'll try a different build. Is there a way to enable CEC on the build I have (so I don't loose settings, etc)?
So I was able to update kodi using http://michael.gorven.za.net/ and now CEC works like a charm! Looks like my old build did not have cec enabled. Thanks everyone!
I have the same problem with KODIBUNTU and a Antec HTPC System using the Yaocoo remote.

Sad

is there a method of telling if KODI is getting proper input from the remote? I can clearly see the commands coming into the system through LIRC using IRW - the button pushes all create events tied to the Key Identities and each key properly lists itself as being pressed through IRW. But KODI doesnt do squat... Any thoughts?

For instance is INPUTLIRC's config an issue? Is there a possible problem with the Remote Driver description? EVTEST shows the devices, and LSUSB and the other key tools like IR-KEYTABLE all show the properly interfaced IR interface and since IRW shows content from it - the EVENT NUMBERS are correctly defined one would think in the HARDWARE and INPUTLIRC default config files. The IR Receiver is the BELKIN Device at 1241:e000 as listed below.

root@t6:/home/user# lsusb
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 004 Device 002: ID 1241:e000 Belkin

lsinput says that the Events 2 and 3 are the Remote Control events and then there is this one at event 7 which looks like it is the receiver itself.

/dev/input/event2
bustype : BUS_USB
vendor : 0x1241
product : 0xe000
version : 272
name : "HOLTEK YaoCoo receiver "
phys : "usb-0000:00:13.0-3/input0"
uniq : ""
bits ev : EV_SYN EV_KEY EV_MSC EV_LED EV_REP

/dev/input/event3
bustype : BUS_USB
vendor : 0x1241
product : 0xe000
version : 272
name : "HOLTEK YaoCoo receiver "
phys : "usb-0000:00:13.0-3/input1"
uniq : ""
bits ev : EV_SYN EV_KEY EV_REL EV_ABS EV_MSC

/dev/input/event7
bustype : BUS_HOST
vendor : 0x1934
product : 0x10
version : 7
name : "Fintek LPC SuperIO Consumer IR T"
phys : "fintek/cir0"
bits ev : EV_SYN EV_KEY EV_MSC EV_REP

That implies there is something in KODI not connecting to that stream interface and since I cannot find anything in KODI to allow me access to that information (from the Debugging setting) this is an issue.

So is it possible that the INPUTLIRC defaults file needs to have the EVENT number of the BELKIN (aka FINTEK LPC) configured as the INPUT STREAM? i.e. the EVENT number is seven rather than 2 and 3?

Todd

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CEC not working on KODI but cec-client works0