Solved Executing a Python add-on in the main thread
Last weeks I have been working on developing a Kodi add-on. I use pdb (Python debugger) a lot (actually ipdb, but that shouldn't matter). When I would add the 'pdb.set_trace()' to my add-on and when I would execute Kodi from the command line I would get the pdb/ipdb console as soon the 'pdb.set_trace()' would be called and I could start debugging. Somehow this stopped working.

The debug console still gets started (I could see this in the logs) but in another thread then the main thread so I can't access it. I have tried everything to get my old behaviour back (reinstall Kodi, fresh configuration, etc.) but I can't get this working anymore. No idea what's the cause of this behaviour change and why this was working in the first place.

I understand this is not the average question, but maybe someone has an idea or explanation.
I've solved my issue, had to downgrade ipdb (I am using Arch Linux) python2-ipdb from version 0.8.1-1 to version 0.8-2. So in the end this only works with ipdb and not the default pdb.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Executing a Python add-on in the main thread0