Solved ERROR: Unable to create application. Exiting
(2016-04-26, 20:19)Cassius007 Wrote: Guys,

I've deleted the profiles.xml but am still having trouble and receiving the error message. Please help!

A logfile might help
Help! I have tried everything and keep getting the ERROR: Unable to create application. Exiting

This is for Kodi Jarvis 16.1 - this happened after my PC updated to Windows 10 (without asking gahhhhh!!)

I have tried upward of 30+ times to delete profiles.xml, but every time I go to start Kodi again the file reappears in the userdata folder and I get the same error message

I am going mad!! Hours so far! Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated!!!
**RESOLVED!!! Solution found here:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...on+Exiting

I didn't do the first step (dxsetup) because I don't know what that is, but downloaded 7-zip, extracted the download file to a folder I made on my desktop, found $TEMP folder mentioned in post and repaired the three files mentioned by running as administrator - Kodi opened no problem Smile

Hope this helps!
PLEASE HELP! I am on windows 10 and BEEN deleting the profile.xml and nothing I need another solution please anyone HELP!!!!!
(2017-06-10, 07:50)anton11123 Wrote: PLEASE HELP! I am on windows 10 and BEEN deleting the profile.xml and nothing I need another solution please anyone HELP!!!!!

Why are you deleting profiles.xml?

Maybe explain the problem first
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-06-10, 07:54)Karellen Wrote:
(2017-06-10, 07:50)anton11123 Wrote: PLEASE HELP! I am on windows 10 and BEEN deleting the profile.xml and nothing I need another solution please anyone HELP!!!!!

Why are you deleting profiles.xml?

Maybe explain the problem first

I have been getting the ERROR: Unable to create application. Exiting and everyone on this forum just says delete the profile.xml it fixes everything but it did not do anything for me
[Edit PatK]

Please don't post log files in the forum, use a public paste-bin like www.pastebin.com and link the URL back to this thread.

Debug must be turned on, for vital information to be present. log (wiki)
If deleting the profile doesn't work, you might want to try method of elimination.

Rename your Kodi folder to Kodi.old and run Kodi. If it works, copy over the addons folder and run Kodi again.
If it works copy over the addon_data and run Kodi again.
If that also works, copy over the .xml files one at a time. Meaning profile.xml and run Kodi; guisettings.xml and run Kodi; etc.
You get the idea?
Laptop: Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 6700HQ (2.60 GHz) | 1 TB + 8 GB SSHD
Kodi 18.3
MiniPC: LibreELEC 8.2.1
Sharing Media: SMB (HDD: 2 TB, 1 TB) | Media Manager/Organizer - Media Companion
@anton11123 I note your query is tacked on to a 'Solved' thread and you posted a straight log into the forums. If you could be so kind as to post in your own thread with a proper Log file/Advanced (wiki), it's likely you'll have many more eyes interested in your issue.
In case it can be useful for someone.

I got the same error message (ERROR: Unable to create application .Exiting.) on my Kodi 17.6 on Windows 7 after my computer crashed abruptly after a power outage. I was not helped by any of the advice given here. I looked at the log and at the end it said:

"error loading settings definition from special: //xbmc/system/settings/settings.xml, Line 0
Error document empty."

In effect, I looked at that file and it was empty. My simple solution was to copy that settings.xml file from another Kodi installation (it was version 17.1) into another computer and paste it into the folder C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Kodi \ system \ settings, and it works perfectly now.

So as it is very possible that each one receives that error message for different reasons it is best to look at the log (that if someone does not know it, it is in C: \ Users \ ****** \ AppData \ Roaming \ Kodi) and see at the end of the text which one is the problematic file, and copy it from another installation and paste it.

Hope that helps. My English is not very good and this is translated by the google translator. Apologies for possible errors.
Happend to also on kodi v18b3 (current nightly) after a power outage.
It seems that there is an issue in windows corrupting files.
In my case the profiles.xml was just NULLED but also settings.xml was defect.

Here is the defect file and the log after starting kodi again: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Lvq6oNS...sp=sharing

pOpY
Deleting the profiles.xml and deleting kodi.log worked for me in 18.1.

Deleting the profiles.xml alone didn't solve the problem.
Wink 
(2015-06-10, 23:57)marhutchy Wrote: Thought I should share this, in case anyone else comes to experience this issue.

So, I had this issue after I had to force close Isengard: ERROR: Unable to create application. Exiting.

Every time I tried opening the application, I get a prompt with that error.

At first I renamed Kodi in the roaming folder (%appdata%/kodi) to kodi.old.
I opened Isengard and it worked fine, but all my settings were gone - obviously.
I started re-adding my previous sub-folders from Kodi.old to the currently working Kodi folder.
I re-added the addons folder, still working fine.
Re-added userdata folder, ERROR: Unable to create application. Exiting.
Tried re-adding the entire contents of the userdata folder excluding the .xml files - worked great.

Turned out the problem was the profiles.xml file. That was the only item that required deletion - it was corrupted.
Isengard worked great after that, but I had to modify some settings all over again. Beats having to re-add addons, etc Cool

thanks so much fixed my problem and saved me hours and hours by not having to rebuild my media database from scratch, which is what I thought I was going to be necessary. Smile
(2015-06-10, 23:57)marhutchy Wrote: Thought I should share this, in case anyone else comes to experience this issue.

So, I had this issue after I had to force close Isengard: ERROR: Unable to create application. Exiting.

I opened Isengard and it worked fine, but all my settings were gone - obviously.
I started re-adding my previous sub-folders from Kodi.old to the currently working Kodi folder.
Tried re-adding the entire contents of the userdata folder excluding the .xml files - worked great.

Turned out the problem was the profiles.xml file. That was the only item that required deletion - it was corrupted.
Isengard worked great after that, but I had to modify some settings all over again. Beats having to re-add addons, etc Cool
(2020-01-29, 18:55)VISCOPJ Wrote:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ERROR: Unable to create application. Exiting3