• 6(current)
AMLogic - try and fix your Audio and Video playback problems.
@musicadi. problem with the Core is traced to...

Trying to play 1080p H264 Part10 aka Hi10P Anime, an unsupported codec on any Hardware platform will always cause issues. Some Intel hardware can software decode 1080p Hi10P. User need to download a PC/Mac program called Mediainfo and examine problematic video files to see exactly what they are trying to play.

Also 10bit HEVC (H265) decoding is not supported on AMLogic S8xx Hardware platforms.

(2016-10-21, 17:57)Martijn Wrote: The upcoming firmware should be just fine for regular kodi

That sounds good Smile
(2016-10-23, 04:06)wrxtasy Wrote: @musicadi. problem with the Core is traced to...

Trying to play 1080p H264 Part10 aka Hi10P Anime, an unsupported codec on any Hardware platform will always cause issues. Some Intel hardware can software decode 1080p Hi10P. User need to download a PC/Mac program called Mediainfo and examine problematic video files to see exactly what they are trying to play.

Also 10bit HEVC (H265) decoding is not supported on AMLogic S8xx Hardware platforms.

Hi, I just tested and also gathered more specific media info and the file is not using Hi10P profile, it's using High Profile (HiP, 100)

The file in question plays without problems on OpenELEC for Core r22748.

Anyway, I'll keep this on the Wetek forums, as it turned out it's not Kodi related.

Thank you for your help!
Hello everyone, I read the wrxtasy procedure in detail. I have a amlogic 905 mini m8s with kodi 16.1 (I also tried the beta 5 of ver. 17). From what I understand this procedure was valid only for older versions of kodi, I unfortunately do not benefit from any refresh rate. I am forced each time to match the video / streaming I'm doing as, to set from the control panel or the frequency at 50Hz or 24Hz. There are the latest solutions? Thank you all
Yes! In version below HW acceleration works playing all SD & HD-channels with TVheadend on my Amlogic s912 TV-Box!!! ​http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/android/arm/kodi-20170103-c404ee1-mediacodec-armeabi-v7a.apk

It is the first version I have tryed were I get acceleration. Instead there is no sound playing live TV whatever settings, but I guess that will be fixed in a near future.
Yes i can confirm I'm getting Hardware deinterlacing in Kodi v18 with TvHeadend on a AMLogic Marshmallow equipped Mi Box with the above test-build. Also 2.0 PCM Audio.
Its not perfect as only half motion deinterlacing (not good for fasts sports action) is used and there is some slight jerkiness to OTA TV video playback.

But its a start.

yes i can confirm too with my S912 box (beelink Gt1) , kodi work fine with hardware acceleration , always use amc-h264 never software ff-h264 decoder with live Tv in 1080 and seems to be stable
but why not merge this change in a master kodi ?
Cause the change is wrong, it's a hack affecting all non affected platforms. If that was your only issue: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk carries the same build.

Edit: I always do two builds: shitty: that one kills your ears and uses the old PCMhack that kodi used in v16 (btw. this should not be needed at all on amlogic boxes, besides on the pseudo android 6 ones - those with the preliminary fuck up version) and the notsoshitty version. Both carry the retry hw acceleration change - nothing else.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
ok
In any case thank you for this version my box is finally usable
Hi all,

I check this thread carefully, but I still have not solved my issue, even after having tried I do not remember how many beta and nightly builds (included the latest official Krypton v17).

I have an Android MediaPlayer wich chipset S912 (a Cooleme MB2 2G). Kodi 16.1 works great; however, all version of Kodi 17, which do not have the "AM codec" option anymore, do not provide working acceleration of HEVC/x265/h265. The acceleration is faulty, and full of pixels when using the Mediacodec (Surface and normal). If you disable Mediacodec, you end up with no acceleration, so video is sloppy.

I do not want to be rude, but...why was the AM Coded option removed? At the end, as one could have simple disabled such option, why removing it?

Is there a v17 (or v18) nightly build which still has such option?
https://kodi.tv/kodi-v17-krypton-release-candidate-1/

Quote:Welcome to Android MediaCodec standards

One of the last custom implementation we had was Amlogic related code which was the device were it all started with Kodi on Android. We had to resolve to this custom implementation back then to access certain hardware parts which Android officially couldn’t yet. Due to this legacy and how we had things implemented we couldn’t switch this off just yet in past releases. ....

The decision was made that from Krypton onwards there are no longer any custom Kodi code hacks, for both Video as well as Audio. Rockchip hacks were the first to go and now AMLogic. Every Chipset vendor now has to use standard Android Application Programming Interfaces (API's) in their Android OS implementation. This decision was made to ease the burdon on Kodi developers with code maintenance. Its all about standardisation across the Android Kodi software.

There is not even a regular Kodi Android code maintainer anymore.
So its bye bye Amcodec and hello standard Google Mediacodec.

If Audio and Video features no longer work with Android AMLogic Hardware its because the Firmware is too old or is rubbish, its not following proper Android API implementations or has poor Mediacodec video Hardware acceleration support. Its why time and time again in the hardware START HERE thread I strongly warn users against buying cheap, unsupported devices with rubbish, buggy Android Firmware.

You could say all the Chickens have now coming home to roost for various Hardware platforms since Kodi Krypton has been released. Android TV's like Philips, Sony and dirt cheap AMLogic devices have been stripped naked and been found wanting in their implementations and support of Mediacodec. And for Audio, the Google IEC Audio standard.

All we can say is users of such rubbish Firmware platforms need to bug the hell out of the Seller or Hardware Chipset vendors for bug busted Firmware updates (good luck !) or get real familiar with the Freaktab Website and DIY Firmware installs. There is nothing Kodi can do. The custom code hacks have gone the way of the dinosaur and Android Kodi Krypton onwards is now using standard programming API's, the way Google intended.

Normally I would say, ditch Android all together and use LibreELEC Kodi on AML S8xx/S905 hardware (still has Amcodec Hardware acceleration), but the S912 has issues with no proper Linux GPU drivers available leading to Kodi interface tearing. Cheap unsupported, AML S912 Marshmallow boxes are the worst combo for a getting a decent, reliable Kodi Krypton implementation going out of the box.

I would urge users to send such S912 hardware back to where they bought it if they don't like DIY projects.

@wrxtasy: thanks for your reply, very clear. It is a pity the AML S912 sucks in terms of KODI performances, because "on paper" this seemed to be a far more powerful CPU than S905 or S905x :-(
Yes unfortunately, all the cheap AMLogic Android Hardware Marketing is very deceptive, designed to grab your money and leave you with an underperforming device. Strictly DIY.

And this is where you end up on an Easter Egg hunt looking for decent Firmware:
http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-supp...s-tools-by

Don't worry with Kodi Krypton out now, there are plenty of "sucky" Android devices yet to be discovered, we are only seeing the start of the pain with the change over to proper Google Android Standards for both Audio and Video.

Wasn't there a firmware update for the S912? I remember something I wrote Audio-Code for - but cannot say for sure as I did not have that hw.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Well I cannot see anything updated here publicly since September 2016:

http://openlinux.amlogic.com/Android/Mbo...eleaseInfo

Obviously there must be internal AML code updates about for specific customers if Xiaomi have IEC Audio backports already.

• 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AMLogic - try and fix your Audio and Video playback problems.3