Regular 64 bit builds for iOS
having regular arm64 builds would be helpful for anyone that is on a newer iOS device. I would build it myself but I sadly don't have a Mac, hackentosh, or a computer that can run a virtual machine.
If I can figure it out (no promises, as I'm horrible with git/compiling/xcode/etc), then I wouldn't mind posting such builds unofficially.
Ned Scott nope - don't bother with it. Its not just about figuring it out.LinusYang has a working 64bit tree for ios (outdated). The question as usual - what benefits does the OP think this would give?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
It could make software decoding work better.
Which type of codec are you refering to. I have nothing in my library which my 64bit arm ios ipad doesn't crunch atm.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
It would involve compiled versions of codecs that can be built with arm64 support.
He's asking for an example of something that can't be played by an ios 64 bit device.
Well there isn't anything the only thing is that it would pottentially run faster.
I think that is Memphiz's point :)
(2015-06-13, 17:41)Memphiz Wrote: Which type of codec are you refering to. I have nothing in my library which my 64bit arm ios ipad doesn't crunch atm.

Interlaced x264

Sorry, couldn't help it Big Grin
Platforms: macOS - iOS - OSMC
co-author: Red Bull TV add-on
won't work with 64bit - you can try it out with the testbuilds linusyang did ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Regular 64 bit builds for iOS0