• 30(current)
Android Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV
(2016-02-10, 12:20)aLpenbog Wrote: Hi guys. I got a lil problem with kodi on my KDL-75W855C. CPU usage goes up above 90% and my videos are running at 15-20 fps. File access happens via windows (smb). No caching or buffering issues. If I open the video via the native video app everything runs super smooth but in kodi everything is laggy.

Files are 1080p mkv. AC3 5.1 x264. Anyone know what I can do about it? (kodi 15.2)

Hey aLpenbog,

I never checked my fps or CPU usage... but I did have jerky playback on my KDL-55W800C using Kodi version (15.2) from the play store.

Following exchequer's tips earlier in this thread I sideloaded ver 16 beta 4 which helped. Further to exchequer's tips I also added the advancedsettings.xml file with buffermode set to 1.

Just recently I updated to ver 16 release candidate 3 (rc3) of Kodi (sideloaded).

Try these changes to see if your playback improves for you too. Also make sure your TV is updated to version 5.1.1.
(2016-02-11, 05:27)D1Vad Wrote:
(2016-02-10, 12:20)aLpenbog Wrote: Hi guys. I got a lil problem with kodi on my KDL-75W855C. CPU usage goes up above 90% and my videos are running at 15-20 fps. File access happens via windows (smb). No caching or buffering issues. If I open the video via the native video app everything runs super smooth but in kodi everything is laggy.

Files are 1080p mkv. AC3 5.1 x264. Anyone know what I can do about it? (kodi 15.2)

Hey aLpenbog,

I never checked my fps or CPU usage... but I did have jerky playback on my KDL-55W800C using Kodi version (15.2) from the play store.

Following exchequer's tips earlier in this thread I sideloaded ver 16 beta 4 which helped. Further to exchequer's tips I also added the advancedsettings.xml file with buffermode set to 1.

Just recently I updated to ver 16 release candidate 3 (rc3) of Kodi (sideloaded).

Try these changes to see if your playback improves for you too. Also make sure your TV is updated to version 5.1.1.

Thanks for the reply. I already changed cache and buffersettings because I had caching problems in the past and they are gone. TV is up to date. Gonna give 16.0 rc3 a try.
(2016-01-30, 21:07)boatguypat Wrote: 3D Working!! Can someone try this and see if they get the same results? May be a good work-around until the app is recognized as type "Video"

On my XBR65X900C i am able to get 3D working by performing these steps:

1) After fresh reboot of the tv (hold the power button until it powers off and reboots)
2) Play a 3d movie in Kodi (i have v16-RC1 app installed) - plays SBS and tv ACTION MENU button halts playback (so cannot put the display into 3d mode)
3) Open the default VIDEO app in the tv (just labeled Video). Once there, hit the ACTION MENU button, select 3D, and put the display into 3D HSBS mode.
4) Return to Kodi, open a 3D video and presto - it plays correctly (as if you put it in SBS mode).
5) Note also i have Kodi 3d settings "3D Enabled", and also have the "Watch as 2D" switch selected, which seems to only effect the Kodi overlay and does not effect the video at all (which is nice, I hope this remains this way).

I am also using ARC, Passthrough enabled, Bravia Sync enabled (and working to the Sony A/V), and i get DTS 5.1 audio. My TV version is 5.1.1.

Sweet!!! I'll try this tonight and let you know. Be great if it works...
(2016-02-12, 16:21)PenPal1999 Wrote:
(2016-01-30, 21:07)boatguypat Wrote: 3D Working!! Can someone try this and see if they get the same results? May be a good work-around until the app is recognized as type "Video"

1) After fresh reboot of the tv (hold the power button until it powers off and reboots)
2) Play a 3d movie in Kodi (i have v16-RC1 app installed) - plays SBS and tv ACTION MENU button halts playback (so cannot put the display into 3d mode)
3) Open the default VIDEO app in the tv (just labeled Video). Once there, hit the ACTION MENU button, select 3D, and put the display into 3D HSBS mode.
4) Return to Kodi, open a 3D video and presto - it plays correctly (as if you put it in SBS mode).
5) Note also i have Kodi 3d settings "3D Enabled", and also have the "Watch as 2D" switch selected, which seems to only effect the Kodi overlay and does not effect the video at all (which is nice, I hope this remains this way).

I am also using ARC, Passthrough enabled, Bravia Sync enabled (and working to the Sony A/V), and i get DTS 5.1 audio. My TV version is 5.1.1.

Doesn't work on Kodi 16.0 rc3.
when you switch back to Kodi after enabling 3D in video or any app, it sets the TV (kd55x8509C) back to 2D.

Will try it on rc4 later.
Hi everyone

I just bought sony w800c (50') and i have some problems:
Why i can't play any 1080p file via usb or even ext hdd?
I have 720p and 1080p, both are mp4 but only the 720p works.

Sony video player also cannot play the 1080p file.
It says file not supported..

So my question is, how can i play the Full HD 1080p file?

Sorry for bad english.. Smile
media info of file that won't play and debug log
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
hello, who launched oscam on kdl-55W756C in kodi
Hello Everyone, I have the Sony XBR X810C TV and KODI 15.2 and i'm wondering if there is a way to free up memory on it. Any thoughts, input would be much appreciated.
(2016-02-13, 18:10)PenPal1999 Wrote:
(2016-02-12, 16:21)PenPal1999 Wrote:

Doesn't work on Kodi 16.0 rc3.
when you switch back to Kodi after enabling 3D in video or any app, it sets the TV (kd55x8509C) back to 2D.

Will try it on rc4 later.

Same on RC2
(2016-02-09, 23:15)sakos Wrote: Thanks boatguypat!

Not working for me yet. Probably something is different in the system settings. I will play with it.
I tried again with different 3D files but no success. Wonder why it works on boatguypat's TV.
(2016-02-15, 20:13)sakos Wrote:

Not working for me yet. Probably something is different in the system settings. I will play with it.
I tried again with different 3D files but no success. Wonder why it works on boatguypat's TV.

I wonder if there is another add-in that may be causing this to work. Tonight i will un-install Kodi and Emby apps, re-install Kodi and see if it continues to work without other add-ons.
Hi Guys........I'm new to the Forum. I have some knowledge but not to the extent of those who are replying here, clearly!!!

I just purchased a KDL-75W850C and installed Kodi from the Play Store. 720p movies play fine but 1080p buffer every 3-5 secs.

I am streaming off of my media server over a GB wired network. Everything else streams perfectly.....but the 1080p's stink.

I have my entire library is .iso format on my media server as I wanted to preserve every ounce of PQ. So that obviously results in quite large files......ranging between 25-45GB.

I hate to ask a stupid question..........but is that my problem? File size just way too big?? And TV hardware cannot encode the .isoHuh

It definitely plays fine through my HTPC. I would just like to dump the HTPC and play it directly through the Kodi App right from the TV.

On a sidenote......from what I could see the forced subtitles played perfectly through the Kodi App but do not show at all on my HTPC. Checked all settings and they are completely the same. Any suggestionsHuh??

Any/all help is greatly appreciated!!!
(2016-02-16, 17:12)boatguypat Wrote:
(2016-02-15, 20:13)sakos Wrote:

I wonder if there is another add-in that may be causing this to work. Tonight i will un-install Kodi and Emby apps, re-install Kodi and see if it continues to work without other add-ons.

Well this is very disappointing. I was about to try a remove/clean install to try to pin down what is enabling 3D to work, when my TV notified me of a software update, which i let it install. Now the strange enabling of 3D mode in Kodi no longer works. My AndroidTV version is now 5.1.1. So bummed. Now i have to use the default video app to play 3D, Did anyone put in a bug report? I believe we think the problem is the TV does not recognize Kodi as a video app? I saw that somewhere, and noticed it in one of the menus.
(2016-02-17, 04:31)boatguypat Wrote:
(2016-02-16, 17:12)boatguypat Wrote:
(2016-02-15, 20:13)sakos Wrote: I tried again with different 3D files but no success. Wonder why it works on boatguypat's TV.

Well this is very disappointing. I was about to try a remove/clean install to try to pin down what is enabling 3D to work, when my TV notified me of a software update, which i let it install. Now the strange enabling of 3D mode in Kodi no longer works. My AndroidTV version is now 5.1.1. So bummed. Now i have to use the default video app to play 3D, Did anyone put in a bug report? I believe we think the problem is the TV does not recognize Kodi as a video app? I saw that somewhere, and noticed it in one of the menus.

i did a week or so ago, but dont expect anything to get fixed. i been trying to get this and the zoom fixed ever since 16 came out. there should be another tv firmware update first quarter of 2016, which might fix both problems if its a tv related problem. but im not sure since on 15.2 both things work properly you can press action menu during playback and the zoom works perfectly for 4:3 content to 16:9.

http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16589
just got the new bravia update on my w800c, both bugs still present, android version remains the same on 5.1.1. maybe when 6.0.0 comes out it might fix zoom or 3d no idea. its been 6 months since the last update and i guess it probably isnt tv related, its kodi related.
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV8