Help needed with a little skinning project
Hi, I'll try to keep it short..
I have a cheap Android handheld laying around and thought I'd try to make a simple skin for it. What I had in mind was something like Nintendo 3DS, but I've run in to a problem.
I wanted two rows of icons that scrolls and I've kinda achieved this by "cutting" a grouplist and displaying the second half under the first half. It kind of works but acts weird when moving from the last tile in the first row to the second row. It skips the first tile (second row) and jumps straight to the second tile (second row)....makes sense?

Is there a way to create two separate grouplists that scroll together? And if so, how could this be achieved??

I tried creating to grouplists but they operate independently instead of scrolling together...
Any advice is highly appreciated, or suggestions of other ways to achieve this.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B51Kfrh...sp=sharing

The picture in the link is how I set it up and what I would like to achieve (tiles extends beyond the screen).

Thanks
If you are using static content, use a panel container instead of 2 grouplists. Then set your items in the panel content. Much cleaner than trying to scroll 2 grouplists in my opinion.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Panel_Container
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
Thanks, I'll look into it. Smile
I'm more if a "trial and error" kind of "skinner", but perhaps I can figure out how to use a panel instead of grouplists.

Can panels be used as "non-static"? The reason I tried with grouplists is because I like the way it only scrolls when reaching the end of the screen.
(2015-06-12, 19:27)lfa76 Wrote: Thanks, I'll look into it. Smile
I'm more if a "trial and error" kind of "skinner", but perhaps I can figure out how to use a panel instead of grouplists.

Can panels be used as "non-static"? The reason I tried with grouplists is because I like the way it only scrolls when reaching the end of the screen.

Any list can scroll at the end of if you don't use the <focusedposition> tag. Panel as others container lists, can be used with any content you might want. For setting the number of rows/columns, just set the container height the itemlayout/focusedlayout height multiplied by the number of rows you want. Same for width. Considering your screenshot, set the orientation to horizontal.
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
Alright, thanks a lot. Sounds like that could work Smile
Will definitely read the wiki to learn more.

Cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help needed with a little skinning project0