PrimeTimeRecording
Hello,

Sorry, but I don't understand this new one.
Can you explain, what positiv effect it is, please.
Hey there. The idea was that while you can set timers for your watched shows, if there are one time specials on a specific channel or you just cannot find time to make timers, this feature will do that for you.

For example, my wife is terrible at remembering to create a timer for her shows and also complains that it's work to search out or remember if a new prime time show starts. So, I have "PrimeTime" set to record all NEW episodes or shows on CBS,NBC.ABC,FOX and CW from 7pm till 10pm. That way if there is a network special we are guaranteed to get it. I then use the exclude to prevent the "Fox News at 9" to ever record, etc.

This feature is actually offered on the Hopper but our version is even better as we can prevent repeats, select which channel to record, adjust the time/dates to bulk record, exclude the shows we don't want. etc.

This really makes serverWMC the most powerful PVR server out there. Yes, I am firmly in the Windows camp, and I figure I'll worry about a replacement around 2025, but WMC is the most idiot-proof of all the backends, Combine this with Kodi and now the ability to fully automate and customize my recording options our home theater is complete. This addition parses the EPG nightly, looks for changes and creates timers based on your settings. You don't really even need to create "series" timers for most shows as serverWMC will do it automatically with its daily timer creation. With Dish, I had to always delete repeats that the Hopper recorded and I could only enjoy this feature on the major networks. Our version is good on any channel. Lots of possibilities...

WAF is extremely high.

Rob
Thanks for you explainations.
I will try it.

One question: Is it implemented or will be, that after a definated number of episodes automaticlly delete the older?

Ps: Yes I know, that MCE the Best (but older) MediaCenter is and in Kodi I miss a lot of features. :at:
I am not 100% certain, but I think it follows what you set in WMC. So if you tell WMC to save the last 10 episodes, serverWMC will follow that rule.

Rob
robmich is right, if you leave the 'keeplength' setting blank when you specify the primetime recording it will use the default keeplength set in wmc. Or you can specify an overriding keeplength in the primetime recording itself if you want (see the comments in the config file to see what they are). As with any recording, the media center service is the only program that does auto-deletion of recorded tv files.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PrimeTimeRecording0