v15 SOLVED Kodi 15/16 Error - hardware accelerator failed to decode picture
Installed the new nightly Isengard RC3 and this problem still exists. Uninstalled RC3, reinstalled Helix 14.2, and the problem is not present. Still can't use Isengard. Any Blu-ray with multiple M2TS files composing the movie skip at each transition to the next M2TS file. This can easily be confirmed by

mounting your iso so you can see the file structure
navigate to the bdmv/stream folder
play 1st .m2ts file outside of Kodi with MPCHC or something (.m2ts that is beginning of movie makes it easy)
note the ending time frame of that 1st .m2ts file
play the title in Kodi
fast forward 15 secs or so before the timeframe you noted above

and you will notice that as it plays back it will skip audio/video when it arrives at that timeframe.
that's where it's transitioning to the next .m2ts file as it plays back the title and where the problem occurs.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Installed Kodi 16 nightly. Problem still occurs. Uninstalled 16, reverted back to 14.2, and problem is gone.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2015-06-29, 19:08)brazen1 Wrote: Can anyone reproduce the skip errors during playback I am experiencing to either confirm or deny?
Although these occur for me using clean installs, I am not eliminating possible conflicts caused by other areas of my system.
I'm anxious to use Isengard but not if this hurdle is indicative to all end users with Windows 8.1.

Hello,

I'm new here, but used kodi for some months now. I noticed the same behavior you experienced, but it take me a while to understand the error was caused by change of files... I'm also unable to confirm it is linked to a specific version of Kodi. I think I experienced same thing on DVDs (audio glitch, not noticeable on video), but did not confirmed it; on BR it is clearly noticeable as the video and the audio glitched for some seconds at every change of m2ts.
However, when I encapsulate BR in an mkv using MakeMkv, the problem disappears.. With Hw acceleration activated or not.
I'm currently running 15.2 version, on Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS
I'm perhaps not experiencing same problem you do, but I'm available to help if possible (newbie though, so be specific when you ask for something.. :-( )
Yes, more and more users are reporting this problem.
There are a few other threads that have subsequently posted this same behavior.
This only occurs using Full BR because there are multiple files to transition as you've confirmed (m2ts).
Ripping to mkv is not going to exhibit this skipping problem because there are not multiple m2ts files, just the main movie ripped into the mkv container.
Unfortunately, altering a Full BR to an mkv is not a fix but it is a temp fix until the problem is addressed if it is addressed.
That may happen in V.17 but more than likely not before.
Myself and others are content to wait and see if a Windows dev steps up to the plate.
Your post has brought up an interesting point though.
You are not using Windows.
You are using Ubuntu with the same behavior so it seems the problem is not isolated to only Windows users.......
Thank you for the confirmation.
If you find the time and ambition, perhaps you too could post a debug log using the same criteria I was asked earlier in this thread.
It would help devs greatly.
I noticed the entry 'hardware accelerator failed to decode picture' and am curious if your log reveals the same.

This issue has been solved by @iharms, a user.
Many, many thanks.
Fixed as of 11-28-15 Jarvis nightly.

(2015-11-28, 17:51)brazen1 Wrote: This issue has been solved by @iharms, a user.
Many, many thanks.
Fixed as of 11-28-15 Jarvis nightly.

Just noticed this a nightly patch for Kodi 16 Beta 3.
Can a 15.2 patch for Windows be made so I can test it?
I am having the same stuttering, pause and start playing recorded TV episodes using Kodi 15.2.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SOLVED Kodi 15/16 Error - hardware accelerator failed to decode picture0