Setting audio output to Airplay or DLNA receiver
Music 
Hi,

I have got a NAS (QNAP TS-253 Pro), where Kodi is installed, and a Wi-Fi audio receiver, which supports both Airplay and DLNA.

Both devices are connected to the same network and I would like to define the receiver as the audio output in Kodi, but when I try do so in the audio settings the DMR does not appear as an audio output device.

Is there anyway to achieve this through configuration or add-ons ?

Thank you for your help.
Before I started using the NAS, my media collection was stored locally on my MacBook Air and I was using Kodi for Mac (v14.2) to browse/play data. As you can see in the screenshot below, the receiver (WiDAC) is detected automatically in System -> Settings -> Audio output -> Audio output device.

However according to this thread, this is because OS X presents an airport-express-like device as a "normal" audio device to Kodi.

Unfortunately Kodi, within the HybridDesk Station (i.e. the NAS), does not detect it (see below) and I was wondering whether there was a way to replicate what OS X seems to do natively.

- Is it something that could be configured directly within Kodi ? (I have already checked the Kodi Wiki Manual, but it does not say much about it)
- Is this something that would need to be setup in QTS (the operating system of the NAS) ?
- Should I install some software/driver or run some script ?

I hope this clarifies.

Thank you for your help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Setting audio output to Airplay or DLNA receiver0