Kodi won't recognise all vdieo files on my NAS
Hi there. I'm new to this.

I have configured KODI quickly and easily on my mac mini running Yosemite OS. My mac is connected to my NAS.

Nearly everything works great and I have both Movies and TV on the main menu, containing my NAS videos and also library items added via Genesis. All the video artwork downloaded (scraped?) automatically and this looks and works great..

But...only about 80% of my NAS TV show files show up. All of my TV shows sit in folders (several episodes sit in each folder) and the artwork has successfully downloaded for each folder. It's just that some folders appear empty whilst others apear populated. One seemingly empty folder contains AVI videos, yet another folder containing AVIs with similar properties shows as being full of episodes up on KODI. (Please note even the folders which appear empty appear with the right artwork).

I have tried removing other files (eg. jpps) from the offending folders and have also tried removing spaces from the file names...this doesn't work.

I haven't downloaded any codecs or other video reading addons and have configured this fairly quickly, so I apologize if I have missed a basic step. I haven't read a great deal about Kodi and just set it up using instructions online, so it is possible that I haven't done something really obvious..

All comments gratefully received.
1. Welcome to the forums

2. Please refer the forum rules, (refrain from mentioning banned addons/piracy)

3. Check the file name of the folder to match TVDB without the year, you can go to file view in video and press "i" on the folder that is missing and manually choose if required

4. See wiki on file name conventions, generally if file name contains SxxExx or similar it should pick up whilst scraping in your library content

5. KODI doesn't require additional codecs to play content, it contains its own decoders

Suggested reading: http://kodi.wiki/view/First_time_user
Another possibility is an nfo file containing the TVDB url to point the scraper to the correct show. nfo file must be utf-8.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Thanks guys. Apologies if (as a novice) I'm missing the point, but I think your replies refer to difficulties in the folder names being recognized by the TV database. The folder names are in fact being properly recognized and are showing the correct video artwork. The only problem is that some of these folders appear empty and the episodes (AVIs) inside the folders don't show up in Kodi (even though the folders do in fact contain episode (AVIs) on my NAS. These same AVIs within the folders are readable and playable by Front Row.

OR... Am I missing the point and do the episode files (AVIs) themselves (which are within the folders) need to have a name that is recognizable by the TV Database?
Sorry I think I get it now. I need to label episodes in S01E02 style format to avoid problems I think.
(2015-06-15, 17:38)slobdiddy Wrote: Sorry I think I get it now. I need to label episodes in S01E02 style format to avoid problems I think.

Correct. You can also include other info if you like. Some skins will use it. Example: S01E01-nameofepisode.source.audioformat.customtags.extension

Kodi only looks for the season and episode number when scraping, but custom tags can come in handy with organizing your collection.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi won't recognise all vdieo files on my NAS0