Touch screen won't work in OPENELEC/KODI
I bought the HDMI 5" 800x480 Display Backpack - With Touchscreen https://www.adafruit.com/products/2260 and have it connected to a Raspberry Pi B+. It works fine in Raspbian but as soon as I launch KODI the touch screen doesn't work anymore. If I touch my stylus in the upper left corner I can move the cursor. I only have a postage stamp sized area that is usable though. A very small movement in that area translates to a very big on screen movement. Scaling is way off or something. It uses an AR1100 Resistive Touch Screen Controller which emulates a mouse. The only software for calibrating it runs from Windows. Thing is though the screen is perfectly calibrated in Raspbian. The correct screen resolution is set also. It's only when I launch KODI that it goes all out of whack. Does the very same thing in OPENELEC to. Just a little postage stamp area in the upper left corner to work with. I cannot find any touch screen calibration option in KODI. Do I need to install an Add-On or something?
You should really post on OpenELEC's own forum first as it will probably be OS dependent

http://openelec.tv/forum
KODI does the same thing when launched from RASPIN on my Pi. The exact same thing. I booted OPENELEC to compare it with. The touch screen works fine in Raspian. The cursor moves to where I touch the screen with my finger or stylus. and follows it exactly. The screen comes already calibrated. It all goes haywire when I launch KODI. The touchpad on my Logitech K400 keyboard works fine though. It's only the touch screen that's way out of whack.
I'm still willing to bet that bet that it is an OS or device driver issue and not an issue in Kodi. Anyway, there is no addons or calibration options for Kodi to add the capability.

Kodi fully depends on the operating system to provide the hooks for all and any touchscreen. So my advice is still to firstly post and try to get a reply from the OS support community.

You may increase the odds for support by posting in both the OpenELEC and Raspian support forums since you say that issye can be replicated on both those OSes.

(2015-06-16, 14:11)alphanumeric Wrote: The touchpad on my Logitech K400 keyboard works fine though. It's only the touch screen that's way out of whack.
For troubleshooting purposes it would probably not hurt at all to fully disconnect any other touch input devices like your Logitech K400 keyboard so that they don't conflict.

Basic troubleshooting 101 is to reduce the amount of possible software and hardware that is not need to minimally run it in order to rule out them interfering.
This thread has died....hoping to find out if anyone figured out the touch-screen issue?

If solution is in another thread, sorry, please post the link.

Warmest regards,

-=Matt
I have since replaced my screen with the official Pi Foundation 7 inch touch screen. KODI works just fine with that screen. The touch overlay data for that screen goes over the DSI cable, not via USB.
Interesting, thank you. Is your KODI running on top of Raspbian? I have the OpenElec build for a Pi Zero (boots straight in to KODI) and although the AdaFruit 7" screen and backpack work great via hdmi, KODI doesn't recognize the touch-screen as an input. I'm working in terrible conditions for network connectivity in Afghanistan, but trying to SSH and run some updates is tough.

I also have a phat DAC that I'm trying to get working as well....I probably should go back to the drawing board as easy as it is...

Any other ideas out there?

Thanks!

-=Matt
I am also having exactly the same issue with this, and can confidently say that it is not an OS issue.

Setup:

rPi 3+ with the AdaFruit 7" touch screen overlay.

Symptoms:
When Kodi is active, then the scaling on the touch screen is reduced to the physical size of a postage stamp in the top left corner. This active area (small that it may be), translates to movement over the whole screen.

Troubleshooting:
I've tried using OpenELEC (preferred end choice), but have also had the same experience with Kodi running on the latest version of Rasbian.
With OpenELEC the scaling issue is apparent all the time, but when booting up with a Rasbian image, the touch screen works as advertised on the Rasbian desktop, but the moment Kodi is launched, then it scales down to the top left corner.

I've tried removing all other physical instances of keyboard/mouse.

From what I can see from Google, this is a common problem, but with few answers on how to resolve it.

Any help that you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou in advance.

Bruce.
It's now been almost 1.5 years since the last post on this issue. Was it ever resolved? I'm having exactly that same issue. I have Kodi 17.6 on my Raspberry Pi 3, and two Adafruit touchscreen displays, a 5" and a 7". Both displays exhibit this same behavior: when Kodi is running, the active touch screen area is a postage stamp sized area of the screen, but except for Kodi the touchscreen works as advertised. I'm using HDMI to feed the display from the RPi, and a micro-USB to USB-A cable to send touchscreen info (and power the touchscreen) back to the Pi.

It's acting as though whatever touchscreen X/Y scaling constants Raspbian uses are not being used by Kodi. My Raspbian version is 4.9.59-v7+

Any clues would be most wonderful.
(2018-02-19, 01:36)rpcy Wrote: Any clues would be most wonderful.
Maybe you need to set https://kodi.wiki/view/advancedsettings.xml#touchscreen

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Touch screen won't work in OPENELEC/KODI0