Solved 15.0 beta2 crashes at startup after upgrade: Unable to initialize. Exiting
@Roman_V_M
do you mean MS Security Essentials? I asked because Win7 has no antimalware out of box.
(2015-06-15, 23:25)afedchin Wrote: @Lamm, @Roman_V_M, @Fabianius, @Shryp
Can you all try to reproduce an issue with this version?

I have the same issue with Win 8.1 x64, but your link works fine

greets Han`
(2015-06-16, 15:30)Paxxi Wrote: I'm curious which antivirus or antimalware software are all of you using?

Panda free antivirus (and windows defender for spyware and such)
(2015-06-16, 15:30)Paxxi Wrote: I'm curious which antivirus or antimalware software are all of you using?

Avira Antivirus Pro and Spybot Search & Destroy
I have the same problem. Clean install as well...this is true for both beta2 and dx11 version.

using ESET Smart Security
nVIDIA, latest drivers + Geforce Experience
win 8,1
The Problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.
Do you understand?
user shine- posted an explanation over at https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/a231...t-11708330

You're welcome to let us know if you have that env variable listed
start->run, type cmd
type set and press enter
see if OPENSSL_CONF is listed in the output.

There's no need to post any more logs Smile
The janitor, cleaner of cruft, defender of style. Also known as the unfunny guy that doesn't understand signatures.
(2015-06-16, 20:36)Paxxi Wrote: user shine- posted an explanation over at https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/a231...t-11708330

You're welcome to let us know if you have that env variable listed
start->run, type cmd
type set and press enter
see if OPENSSL_CONF is listed in the output.

There's no need to post any more logs Smile

i have Smile (guess that this is because i have installed openssl for certificate purposes)

I am using Comodo Internet Security free on both computers with just the firewall and antivirus enabled. I have the sandbox, hips and virusscope stuff disabled.

I also have Malware Bytes and CCleaner on both computers, but neither of those are set to scan in real time.
After trying 6 different versions 14.0 rc3 and newer, all clean installs, none of them work. Reinstalled XBMC 13.2 and it works.
@Chad_H,
You faced with another issue. Please create another thread with properly description, links to a Debug Log and a crash dumps.
All who faced with crash on startup in 15.0 beta2, try this version version of Kodi.
(2015-06-16, 23:40)afedchin Wrote: All who faced with crash on startup in 15.0 beta2, try this version version of Kodi.

works fine for me
(2015-06-17, 01:03)Han` Wrote:
(2015-06-16, 23:40)afedchin Wrote: All who faced with crash on startup in 15.0 beta2, try this version version of Kodi.

works fine for me

Also working for me.

Just read the github discussion on curl / openSSL. I do have openSSL installed on this laptop from building Deluge and libtorrent. This is the system that was crashing. The desktop does not have that stuff installed and the original beta 2 was working over there.

Thank you! could u make this for the dx11 version too?
The Problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.
Do you understand?
Thumbs Up 

This build works too

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
15.0 beta2 crashes at startup after upgrade: Unable to initialize. Exiting0