help needed...
hello, i am bying a amazon fire tv some time today and so was lloking to downlaod the newest version of kodi to instll on the box. but when it comes to downloading i am unsure which one to downlaod. i have gone to the kodi website and clicked on thew download tab on the right hand side but it then comes up with the following options;

windows 14.2
linux
mac OS X 14.2
android 14.2
kodibuntu
iOS
rasberry
otherdevices

which of these do i need to download? many thanks
(2015-06-15, 11:13)matt-nick Wrote: hello, i am bying a amazon fire tv some time today and so was lloking to downlaod the newest version of kodi to instll on the box. but when it comes to downloading i am unsure which one to downlaod. i have gone to the kodi website and clicked on thew download tab on the right hand side but it then comes up with the following options;

windows 14.2
linux
mac OS X 14.2
android 14.2
kodibuntu
iOS
rasberry
otherdevices

which of these do i need to download? many thanks
I've not used the fire stick before but I'm sure it's Android based so you want Android.
But saying that it's on the Amazon App Store so I think you can use that to install it now.
Best wait for someone who's got one to help.
Thanks steve_uk so I'm guessing the one in which I download is dependant on the operating system of the box in which it's going on and not the operating system of the machine I use to download. Also, when you say it's on the Amazon App Store, does that mean I don't need to download it separate and transfer the file over to the box?
Both the Fire TV & Fire TV Stick are Android and the SoC is ARM.

So you need to download the Android/ARM version
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thank you tinwarble, I've just downloaded the android ARM file. What is the x86 about as it had an option for me to download that also
(2015-06-15, 11:50)matt-nick Wrote: Thanks steve_uk so I'm guessing the one in which I download is dependant on the operating system of the box in which it's going on and not the operating system of the machine I use to download. Also, when you say it's on the Amazon App Store, does that mean I don't need to download it separate and transfer the file over to the box?
Have you bought. If stick yet?
If so boot it up and go onto the app store on it and look for Kodi.
If it's not there go onto a normal browser say on your laptop and google "Amazon AppStore " go there and sign in and purchase Kodi through there (for free) and then back into your stick and sign in with the same account and go to my apps and Kodi should be there.
I'm only saying this based on white read others having to do as like I said I don't have one.
Thanks steve_uk I'll do that as soon as I get it. Picking it up this evening hopefully ??☺️
(2015-06-15, 14:12)matt-nick Wrote: Thank you tinwarble, I've just downloaded the android ARM file. What is the x86 about as it had an option for me to download that also

X86 is for Android devices with Intel SoCs. Usually, unless the box states that it is Intel you will always use the ARM version.

Also, make sure you check the WIKI http://kodi.wiki/view/Amazon_Fire_TV most of the info you need is there.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Okay mate thanks tinwarble. You have all been a great help
Thanks steve_uk I'll do that as soon as I get it. Picking it up this evening hopefully ??☺️

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
help needed...0