• 20(current)
HP 260 G1 [Haswell Celeron 2957U]
(2015-07-10, 14:52)LarrxX Wrote:
(2015-07-10, 14:47)MediaPi Wrote:
(2015-07-09, 23:11)LarrxX Wrote: Anyone know how I can change the BIOS language on this thing?

I don't know how to change the language but can you not install to the international version on the bios
http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/publi...nvOid=4158
Already did that, didn't work... I emailed HP support who called me back, but I didn't have the machine on hand. So they gave me 2 different ways to do it, one of which should work. I'll post here with the results when I get the opportunity to test them out.

Just a quick heads up concerning this issue, it's actually pretty easy (once you figure out there's a hidden shortcut!) Just press F8 in the BIOS and you can select your language. Why the option is hidden with no indication whatsoever in the BIOS or on the net is beyond me!
"Automobiles have been the best mêlée weapons to use against monsters since the 50s." - Atomic Robo
(2015-07-11, 16:27)LarrxX Wrote: ust press F8 in the BIOS and you can select your language.
added to first post thanks
something like this should be better documented in the manuals surprised its not
I'm glad you got it sorted and it was as easy as that
A quick heads up, Flubit now seem to be offering this for £84.
Just to update you. I swapped the 2gb stick for a 4gb stick I had lying around and installed launcher4kodi so that it boots straight to kodi and it's awesome. Gui is fluid and movies are playing without issue. Overall I'm very happy and it's great having windows in the break ground if you want it. I can now finally install and use the Netflix addon also as I could never get it work I openelec. I'm now going to sell my nuc n2820
Signed up here - some of you may have seen my posts from hukd.

Bought one of these fairly early on (at £120) and managed to get a sata cable after a 3 week wait from HP. Not seen anyone else post they have one yet - so if you want I'll post photo's of that up?

Also, for those who want wifi - I've found one of the best (and cheapest!) options is to pick up a Virgin Media superhub off ebay. Mini PCIE wifi card (2.4GHz and 5GHz) and also antenna! Simply stuck down with a bit of sticky tape!
welcome nememo to Kodi.
Are you cjed from hukd?

I for one would like to see the photo of the sata cable, but also on the scews and washers you used Smile

also how is the that wifi? reception, speed etc?
and finally are you using kodi? nice to have you on board! Smile
No, same username on there as here Smile I posted the pics of the inside of the case you've used in the OP. When I get back from work tomorrow I'll open her up and show you the cable. I'll also show you the screws and washers in that case! I bought the HP 3.5" HDD mount screws, and a set of 8mm M3 screws - simply took the blue rubber off the HP one and slipped them onto the 8mm bolts. They could do with a washer too, but it works as it is Wink Really good HDD fit.

I've not had to use the wifi yet as I'm hardwired - but it's detected without issues in Win 8.1 and can see all the local wifi networks near me!

I'm not actually using Kodi Sad But the forum is fantastic to talk about the hardware!
My idea was to use the 260 as a home server, but when I move house I think I'm going to go back to the N54L Microserver... which leaves the 260 free to play with for other things Big Grin Kodi certainly being the first on the list!
Oops my mistake Smile those photos you took look very professional. I think noggin brought the same mount screw's and I've seen the post about the procedure you describe http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2044789

You'll love this website, many smart people sharing knowledge, looking forward to those pictures and your expertise. Stick around, kodi is amazing
(2015-07-12, 17:56)nememo Wrote: Also, for those who want wifi - I've found one of the best (and cheapest!) options is to pick up a Virgin Media superhub off ebay. Mini PCIE wifi card (2.4GHz and 5GHz) and also antenna! Simply stuck down with a bit of sticky tape!

Do you have a link (or part number) for the wifi card? Thanks!
For those who want a look in the Superhub: http://cdkr.co.uk/projects/computers/virgin_VMDG480/

WiFi card is a Pegatro UPWL6024, Broadcom BCM43224. ABGN, 2.4+5GHz 2x2. Can't grumble for the £5-£10 you pay for these off eBay!

And I'm far from a photographer - just cracked out the Nexus 6 Blush
sold listings on ebay gives you an idea what they going for
www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR2.TRC1.A0.H0.XVMDG480.TRS0&_nkw=VMDG480&_sacat=0

nememo wasn't kiding! seems like you can pick one up for £6-7
and as nememo stated it also works on the 5GHz! this is awesome, love it more because you have to hack another electronics piece, maybe even salvage those heatsinks lol. I'm gathering this wifi would be pretty good considering its desigend to work over distance! where did you find out about this nememo? really great that you dropped in to give us that!
I'm still rocking nexus 4 Big Grin
So here's the screws first:
Be careful removing the rubber from the HP screws, as it's tears quite easily and it's not the simplest to get off. Then simply slot it over an 8mm bolt (8mm is the perfect length!) and put the silver cap on the end (you can see it in the photo). A washer would be a good idea on the other side of the rubber mount, but I didn't have any to hand.

I didn't quite have the time to completely strip it down (as it's the DNS server for the network!) so I haven't been able to get a full photo of the sata cable, but here's everything all connected up - really snug fit and very secure.

For those going down the Virgin Superhub wifi route, you need your own standoff screws to fasten the mini pcie card down. The screws used in the superhub have a different thread to the posts on the 260. You can always tape the card down with electrical tape (I did to test it out), but you really need to secure it properly for long term use.
Would someone be able to point me in the correct direction.

I'm installing a WiFi card in 260, I can see in one of the manuals it says antenna 1 is connected to the speaker a d antenna 2 to the chassis, I've never done anything like this so I'm not sure where exactly they go and how do I attach.

Is there a guide, I did have a look but couldn't find anything.

Cheers.
Got mine setup and running quite nicely - though I have do have to run it at 50fps or the box doesn't seem to change the framerate for me when watching Live TV.

One annoying issue I have is when I when I wake the system with the Fire TV remote. It loads immediately but then seems to refuse any further inputs from the Fire TV remote for up to 10 seconds.

It's really strange..
(2015-07-14, 17:51)southlegend Wrote: Got mine setup and running quite nicely - though I have do have to run it at 50fps or the box doesn't seem to change the framerate for me when watching Live TV.

I think that is a Kodi issue, I have the same thing across several boxes.

Has anyone deleted the recovery partition to free up some hard drive space?
I created a recovery USB stick and expected to get the option to delete the recovery partition at the end of the process as I've had on previous systems but didn't get it,
I'm now wondering if its safe to delete that partition or if there's a reason Windows didn't give me the option.
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HP 260 G1 [Haswell Celeron 2957U]2