Best device for XBMC and component video output?
I have been using XBMC/XBMC4XBOX with my old xbox 1 for years now, and have decided it's time to try something new... It still suits my needs, but I would prefer something quicker and quieter with better support for newer codecs.

I stream content via a simple samba share from my computer and have no real desire to use XBMC's library, fancy skins or add on functions... I just need the ability to output video at 480p signal and audio via toslink. My need for component video output limits my choices to very few devices out there (my TV has no HDMI support), the two most obvious being an Apple TV g1 or an android ATV1200 media box.

The ATV1200 has far better specs and looks like the best option, but I am not sure how problematic XBMC can be on an android operating system? Given the choice I would certainly value a fluid interface and stability over raw performance, so am not sure which to try first.

Which would you choose?
Another idea may be to make a HTPC out of spare parts I have lying around (360 pad support would be nice), but component output would still be a requirement... Do newer windows versions of XBMC still support 480p providing the GPU/driver can accommodate this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best device for XBMC and component video output?0