• 48(current)
MythTV front-end client built-into to XBMC
Could a mythtv scraper pull the information into the TV shows db?
Then we would have full details for the tv shows supported by the skins out of the box..
sijones Wrote:Could a mythtv scraper pull the information into the TV shows db?
Then we would have full details for the tv shows supported by the skins out of the box..

Check out this thread. It looks like you can already scan your movies (just set the content of the movies folder and 'Go'); and there is a patch for TV shows. Patch seems kind of experimental at this point but when all the kinks are ironed out it should be really nice.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...tv+library
robweber Wrote:it is controlled by the myth:// source, and it is already pulling it. It is up to the skin if it is going to display it. When pulling the video info it puts the subtitle and plot information into "ListItem.Plot".
Many skins do not attempt to give plot information for video files that are not in the library since most likely there is no plot information. If you mod the correct xml file you can get rid of the conditional (or add one as the case may be) and you can display this information.

After looking around the Confluence skin, I'm thinking I'm in over my head. I want to change the labels that show up under the "All recordings" and "TV show" > Show name folders.

I'm starting to realize that there's not really an XML file for the myth source. There are XML files for folder and file navigation. myth provides the data for the folders and files that are used by the XML files that make up the skin.

I don't want to add the subtitle and plot information to to every file in the file list. I just want to add the subtitle under those two sections of the myth source, so the labels will include the episode name from MythTV. I'm guessing that's going to take conditionals which are beyond my current abilities.
Perhaps Mythbox will give you what you're looking for?

http://code.google.com/p/mythbox/
alankeny Wrote:After looking around the Confluence skin, I'm thinking I'm in over my head. I want to change the labels that show up under the "All recordings" and "TV show" > Show name folders.

I'm starting to realize that there's not really an XML file for the myth source. There are XML files for folder and file navigation. myth provides the data for the folders and files that are used by the XML files that make up the skin.

I don't want to add the subtitle and plot information to to every file in the file list. I just want to add the subtitle under those two sections of the myth source, so the labels will include the episode name from MythTV. I'm guessing that's going to take conditionals which are beyond my current abilities.

Mythbox does look pretty nice, although I'm pretty sure you can't run it on Xbox (if that is your platform). There is an Xbox alternative, http://code.google.com/p/myth2xbmc/ . The downside is that most of these are skinned for PM3, so you won't get a nice visual to them if you are using another skin.

I'll try to take a look at the Confluence skin if you want. I've modified Rapier to show the Myth subtitles so I have an idea of what to look for. I'll post anything here if I can figure it out.
robweber Wrote:I'll try to take a look at the Confluence skin if you want. I've modified Rapier to show the Myth subtitles so I have an idea of what to look for. I'll post anything here if I can figure it out.

That'd be great. Even a brief description of what you did with Rapier might give me an idea of what to look for in Confluence. Thanks!
robweber Wrote:I'll try to take a look at the Confluence skin if you want. I've modified Rapier to show the Myth subtitles so I have an idea of what to look for. I'll post anything here if I can figure it out.

why would a skin need to be modded to show subtitles ? surely thats part of the video rendering engine ? or am I completely misunderstanding
alankeny Wrote:After looking around the Confluence skin, I'm thinking I'm in over my head. I want to change the labels that show up under the "All recordings" and "TV show" > Show name folders.

Raise a feature request in Trac for this and I'll have a look. If all you would like is to include the episode name in the label displayed in the file list that should be pretty straight forward. For example Mythbusters - "The Pirate Special" rather than just Mythbusters. The EPG here in New Zealand unfortunately hardly ever has them.

For most skins the MythTV directory listings need to used the Videos mode since the recordings aren't in the Library (separate patch still in progress to allow that if the EPG includes the original air date). The myth:// source does populate all of the same information that the Video Library holds though, e.g. plot, so if there is an option to use an Episode view with the skin then that often helps. I used to use the Episode view in MediaStream and that was pretty good.
sijones Wrote:Could a mythtv scraper pull the information into the TV shows db?

Sort of yes, sort of no. The TV Show Library in XBMC still relies on season and episode numbers. These aren't pulled back through the libcmyth interface (and if it could relies on them being in the EPG originally). The current patch for getting the TV Shows into the Library relies on the original air date, from which thetvdb.com data is used to get the season and episode number and plot etc from thetvdb.com (effectively ignoring whatever was in the MythTV EPG in the first place).

It might be possible to put the TV Show information held within MythTV into XBMC using a season and episode number of 0, but I haven't spent enough time in the scraper / video library area to know for sure.

I'll add this back onto my list of things to look at if people see some value in doing this. This was talked about briefly ages ago at http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=33948
alankeny Wrote:That'd be great. Even a brief description of what you did with Rapier might give me an idea of what to look for in Confluence. Thanks!

I think here is what you are looking for. Post this bit of code on line 163 of the ViewsFileMode.xml file for the Confluence skin.

Code:
<!-- plot mod -->
                <control type="textbox">
                    <posx>0</posx>
                    <posy>10</posy>
                    <width>344</width>
                    <height>300</height>
                    <label>$INFO[ListItem.Plot]</label>
                </control>
<!-- end plot mod -->

This will display the plot for your myth shows, but keep in mind that if other videos have plot details they will show up too (not sure about other types of sources and what they pull). If someone wants to get fancier with it be my guest, I just wanted to make it functional. You'll need to restart XBMC if running once you update the file. Let me know if it is what you wanted.
Jezz_X Wrote:why would a skin need to be modded to show subtitles ? surely thats part of the video rendering engine ? or am I completely misunderstanding

Just to clarify for other people following this thread - the myth:// source pulls TV show plot information (which has been referred to as subtitles in some places since it also includes the show subtitle), if it is available in MythTV.

The problem is that some skins (like MediaStream that dteirney mentions above) will display that information, and some won't. Since myth shows can't be added to the TV library right now, you have to view the myth recordings in files mode and many skins do not have an episode view that will include this plot information.

The control I posted above displays ListItem.Plot so if there is something there, like in myth view, it will be displayed. Once myth shows can be scanned to the library (or the pvr branch is complete with a myth addon) this will pretty much be unneeded.

@dteirney
Here is a link for the feature request you mentioned above. I think this is a good ideas since it will always display the show title regardless of the skin. http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/7971
@robweber
Thanks for the code. That gets the episode name on the screen, so I don't feel like I have to switch back to Mythfrontend to find specific episodes or delete them any more. This will get me by until one of the other options you described is available.

@dteirney
Ticket 7971 describes what I was looking for. I get my guide data from Schedules Direct, and I've got episode names in MythTV for all but two or three of the shows I regularly record. I had no idea how much I relied on them until they weren't there any more. Thanks for considering this.
Hi there,
I've been using the mythtv implementation in xbmc for a couple of month now, and it worked like a charm. I schedule my recordings via the Mythtv Web Interface and watch them in XBMC. Until now I was able to watch the recordings while they were still beeing recorded (very important feature)

Last week I upgraded my Xubuntu to version 9.10 (and mythtv got updated to version 0.22)

Since the update I am no longer able to watch recordings while thery are beeing recorded. There is a symbol for the running recording (in xbmc->videos->recordings) which I want to watch (normally there should be a screenshot of the movie) and when I select it nothing happens.
In the myth frontend I am able to watch the recording while it is beeing recorded.
When the recording is finished everything works fine.

Am I the only one experiencing this behavior or are there others with the same problem ?

[xbmc 9.11-Alpha 2 R25284]
here is a log, showing whats going on when I try to open a recording that isnt finished
http://pastebin.co/m43ac2511

I think the important info is this
Code:
20:21:48 T:3077470096 M:1162690560  NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: myth://mythtv:[email protected]/channels/SE9.ts
20:21:48 T:3077470096 M:1162690560 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player)::Put MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
20:21:48 T:2878319472 M:1162690560   DEBUG: thread start, auto delete: 0
20:21:48 T:2878319472 M:1162690560  NOTICE: Creating InputStream
20:21:48 T:2867157872 M:1162690560   DEBUG: thread start, auto delete: 1
20:21:48 T:3075824496 M:1162792960   DEBUG: thread start, auto delete: 0
20:21:48 T:2878319472 M:1162608640   ERROR: SetupLiveTV - unable to get recorder
20:21:48 T:2878319472 M:1162608640   ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [myth://mythtv:[email protected]/channels/SE9.ts]
20:21:48 T:2878319472 M:1162608640  NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit()
20:21:48 T:2878319472 M:1162608640  NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit() deleting input stream
20:21:48 T:2878319472 M:1162608640   DEBUG: Thread 2878319472 terminating
20:21:48 T:3077470096 M:1162608640   DEBUG: OnPlayBackStopped - Playback was stopped
20:21:48 T:3077470096 M:1162608640   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [myth://mythtv:[email protected]/channels/SE9.ts]
20:21:48 T:3077470096 M:1162608640   DEBUG: Playlist Player: no more playable items... aborting playback
20:21:48 T:2841328496 M:1162608640   DEBUG: thread start, auto delete: 0
Probably related to http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/7672

There is a fix for it, but still needs to be ported to the 9.11 branch and to the xbox branch.
dteirney Wrote:Probably related to http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/7672

There is a fix for it, but still needs to be ported to the 9.11 branch and to the xbox branch.

Awesome, I was actually going to comment that I have noticed the same problem as well. It doesn't happen often that I watch a show while its recording, but I tried recently and it did not work.

As a quick fix for anyone while waiting for the patch, you can add your recordings folder as a source, and then just stream it directly.
  • 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MythTV front-end client built-into to XBMC1