• 47(current)
MythTV front-end client built-into to XBMC
yee379 Wrote:nice Smile although i doesn't seem to run on my system Sad it comes up with

Code:
Error Python script failed: special://home/scripts/MythBox/default.py
also, i normally use the MediaStream skin - and i don't think there is an option to bring up a scripts menu Sad

Read the FAQ in the root of the MythBox script directory on how to post a bug report (assuming you would like to get it working).
MythBox for XBMC - http://mythbox.googlecode.com
I have no idea if anyone is still following this thread, but with the release of 0.22, it seems the MythTV support in XBMC is broken. Opening the list of recorded programs does nothing (but occasionally show an empty list), and the backend reports:

Code:
2009-10-15 15:28:08.804 MythSocket(86b2758:38): writeStringList: Error, No data written on writeBlock (274 errors)

I have raised a ticket on the MythTV Trac site, but as MythFrontend works just fine, they probably are going to close the ticket as "Needs to be fixed in XBMC". So, here's a message, letting you know. Smile

Using latest T3CH build on XBox.
Anaerin Wrote:I have no idea if anyone is still following this thread, but with the release of 0.22, it seems the MythTV support in XBMC is broken. Opening the list of recorded programs does nothing (but occasionally show an empty list), and the backend reports:

Code:
2009-10-15 15:28:08.804 MythSocket(86b2758:38): writeStringList: Error, No data written on writeBlock (274 errors)

I have raised a ticket on the MythTV Trac site, but as MythFrontend works just fine, they probably are going to close the ticket as "Needs to be fixed in XBMC". So, here's a message, letting you know. Smile

There are a number of people that have been using myth:// support in XBMC to talk to a 0.22 backend using Linux. Unless something has changed in Myth 0.22 release candidate recently this is likely due to a difference between the xbox branch and trunk. See http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/7378 for more information perhaps.
Anaerin Wrote:I have no idea if anyone is still following this thread, but with the release of 0.22, it seems the MythTV support in XBMC is broken. Opening the list of recorded programs does nothing (but occasionally show an empty list), and the backend reports:

Code:

I would like to add a me too to this. I just upgraded my MythTV backend from Ubuntu Jaunty to Karmic with the Avenard testing repository and MythTV frontends work local and remotely but the XBMC using T3CH XBMC 2009-09-27 SVN rev23183 fails. If it's just a matter of merging the fixes from the Linux branch then I hope T3CH will include them in the next release. My wife thinks that I'm breaking things again Angry Please help!
IMHO the hole integration of mythtv inside xbmc is great but
the killer-application is burning-shows ....

If someone would help me ....
I could integrate this feature into my ripper-script ...

Regards Hans
flammon Wrote:I would like to add a me too to this. I just upgraded my MythTV backend from Ubuntu Jaunty to Karmic with the Avenard testing repository and MythTV frontends work local and remotely but the XBMC using T3CH XBMC 2009-09-27 SVN rev23183 fails. If it's just a matter of merging the fixes from the Linux branch then I hope T3CH will include them in the next release. My wife thinks that I'm breaking things again Angry Please help!
The problem is, those fixes have already been merged, according to trac (committed into linuxport in r22968, merged into trunk in r23043).

So something else is broken. Perhaps the guide call has changed again in protocol 50?
linuxluemmel Wrote:IMHO the hole integration of mythtv inside xbmc is great but
the killer-application is burning-shows ....

If someone would help me ....
I could integrate this feature into my ripper-script ...

As it stands, there is no way to burn anything from inside XBMC. That's not what it's meant for, and I really don't think it'll ever be a part of what XBMC does.

However, MythTV DOES have burning built-in. It's called the "MythArchive" plugin. That is the way to go for what you want.
Anaerin Wrote:As it stands, there is no way to burn anything from inside XBMC. That's not what it's meant for, and I really don't think it'll ever be a part of what XBMC does.

However, MythTV DOES have burning built-in. It's called the "MythArchive" plugin. That is the way to go for what you want.

I know the plugin well ... I would like to implement a equal function inside
xbmc ... perhaps inside my script witch allready can burn dvd's. (Transcoding would be easy)
If I could download the movie and the description ... I guess it would not be a hard part ....

If you can :

- rip dvd (this is possible with my script)
- burn recorded shows (now not possible)
- Live TV (works)
- Recorded Shows playing (works)
- Programming recordings (??)

There would be no reason to start the so called ugly-gui mythfrontend ....
IMHO is the GUI of mythfrontend a pice of crap ...
The backend is execellent ...

Regards
hans
they've been merged perhaps.. but did the myth dll get recompiled. maybe arnova forgot that.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

elupus Wrote:they've been merged perhaps.. but did the myth dll get recompiled. maybe arnova forgot that.

It seems this isn't just broken in the XBox build - It's broken in the Win32 build(s) too. (Using build 23851 from http://danielpatton.com/user-accounts/XBMC-updates/).
After upgrading to MythTV 0.22 and XBMC 9.11 Beta 1, the only reason I have to switch from XBMC back to the MythTV Frontend is to view TV episodes. myth:// support in XBMC only shows the titles and the recording dates. Is there any chance of getting the program subtitles in the listings too?

It would be really great if myth:// would show the All recordings list like MythTV shows its All Programs list: Title - "Subtitle" and the TV show list in a hierarchy with the subtitle one level below the title.

Thanks,
Alan
alankeny Wrote:After upgrading to MythTV 0.22 and XBMC 9.11 Beta 1, the only reason I have to switch from XBMC back to the MythTV Frontend is to view TV episodes. myth:// support in XBMC only shows the titles and the recording dates. Is there any chance of getting the program subtitles in the listings too?

It would be really great if myth:// would show the All recordings list like MythTV shows its All Programs list: Title - "Subtitle" and the TV show list in a hierarchy with the subtitle one level below the title.

More detail is available (As evidenced if you start playback and hit "I"), but that information doesn't seem to be being added to the Media Library (Nor, indeed, displayed in the skin). I'm thinking it's more of a skinning issue here than a myth:// issue...
@alankeny

I can confirm what Anaerin said above. What skin are you using? I've noticed some skins will show myth tv subtitles and even plot synopsis (if available). depending on the skin you may be able to hack the skin to get it to show up.

I have a Rapier hack if you need it.
Anaerin Wrote:More detail is available (As evidenced if you start playback and hit "I"), but that information doesn't seem to be being added to the Media Library (Nor, indeed, displayed in the skin). I'm thinking it's more of a skinning issue here than a myth:// issue...

I was under the impression that the hierarchy was controlled by the myth:// source rather than the skin. When I hit "I" during playback I don't see the subtitle either. Can somebody clarify what controls the information included in the hierarchy of a myth:// source?

If it is a feature of the skin, I'll look into it myself. If it's a myth:// feature, I'm probably stuck. Even tweaking calls to libcmyth is beyond my current abilities.
it is controlled by the myth:// source, and it is already pulling it. It is up to the skin if it is going to display it. When pulling the video info it puts the subtitle and plot information into "ListItem.Plot".
Many skins do not attempt to give plot information for video files that are not in the library since most likely there is no plot information. If you mod the correct xml file you can get rid of the conditional (or add one as the case may be) and you can display this information.
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MythTV front-end client built-into to XBMC1