[Feature Request] Several items
Hi!

I've been an XBMC/KODI fan for only about two years. An iPhone fan for about a month. Once I found XBMC, it blew my mind and I've been pushing it ever since, showing it off wherever possible.

My only issue with it, and the apps for smartphones, was that I was never able to find one app that does everything I want.

This one is close though. Really close. The ability to add custom buttons in the app has made it a remote you can configure to your needs. I love that! It's one of the things that weighed heavily on my decision to stop hating iPhones and accept that they're damn good phones.

What I'm missing though:

* Power control. I found an option to add a button for power, but it doesn't power down the system. Maybe I missed something? Anyone feel free to guide me if I got this wrong, and I'll edit this post with the answer below.

* Context menu (Right Click for Mouse). I use my phone to select a show, download it, then open Kodi and... my content isn't showing. I have to get up and do it on the computer, which means turning on the monitor and (in winter) getting out of my snug blanket and fiancee's embrace! Harder than it sounds.. she wont let me go. If I could access Context, I could Scan for new content, then play.

* Subtitles. In the old YATSE remote, subtitles would show up as a list of options to download, under the optional ones available. This no longer happens. Is this a KODI change? I need to test on my Android tonight..

* Skins. I know, function over form, it's a beautiful skin (surprisingly suitable for the phone and I really do like it), but in a dark room watching movies, I just want a black screen with small bright markers to aim for. Or BIG buttons but black, outlined in thin color, so the phone isn't producing a noticeable light when it shouldn't be the focus of attention. Here's a mock up of what I mean.

I've clearly spent years on the design here (hehe). As you can see, it will be totally functional with minimal visual impact in the dark rooms we mostly watch our content.
Note, I changed a few things, to set it how I imagine I would position them if I were designing the app myself (which I'm not, because I'm not smart like you guys).

Hi!

1 - an old screenshot that shows what you are looking for

You need to tap on the gears on the top right to show the power options from the Kodi/XBMC server list.

2 - From the remote control view, if you are using the gesture zone just tap and hold otherwise if you are in button mode you have to tap and hold the bottom right button next to the circles buttons

3 - Tap & Hold the remote control subtitles button to start the subtitles download GUI

4 - Reduce the phone luminosity? I'm kidding Big Grin but I never had the feel you are describing in a dark room, furthermore I like to see the things into the display instead of try to catch a glimpse. But I'm open for any cool idea, maybe you can spend some more time in your mockup trying to reproduce AT LEAST the current remote control features.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Feature Request] Several items0