Kodi Beta: what TVheadend server version
I am running Tvheadend server 3.9.2656 which seems to work pretty much ok with the Kodi 14.2.
The combination with the server version above and Kodi 15 beta 2 has a lot of flaws and is hardly usable.

I am wondering whether it is a requirement for Kodi 15 to upgrade to the 4.x version of the TVheadend server?
Or do I just experience issues from the "beta" status of Kodi and the related PVR addon?
I am running a TBS MOI as backend (most recent Firmware 2.0.3, includes TVheadend 3.5.204). Up to Kodi 15. Beta 1 I did not have an issues with PVR support. Now updating to Kodi 15 Beta 2 PVR is not working anymore. The message popup constantly says "HTSP version missmatch (supported V11; requiered V12)". Any ideas?

Brgds,

FantasticN
Known problem. Fix in the queue.

https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.hts/pull/42
Ah, perfect. Thanks!
How do I get this fix onto my Nexus Player with Kodi 15 b2 from Play Store? Is the tvh pvr addon baked into the APK?
@Novin yes on Android the PVR addons are included, so once the play store version is updated you'll get this fix too.

@Marty56 just saying something doesn't work isn't very helpful, you could at least provide some debug logs (wiki) or even describe the actual issue.
@Marty56 just saying something doesn't work isn't very helpful, you could at least provide some debug logs (wiki) or even describe the actual issue.
[/quote]

True, but if you would have read my question better you would have realized that I was not asking for a bugfix but just a compatibility statement.
I upgraded to server version 4.0.4. Works fine after that and the server seems good & stable.
Upgrading the server is a good idea. But unfortunately TBS does not provide a firmware newer than 2.0.3. And that only includes TVheadend server 3.5.x. So I have to rely on Kodi staying compatible to that - or I would have to throw away the TBS MOI and look for an affordable alternative to deliver DVB-S channels to all devices in my network.

Brgds,

FantasticN
(2015-06-18, 18:25)fantasticn Wrote: But unfortunately TBS does not provide a firmware newer than 2.0.3. And that only includes TVheadend server 3.5.x

You could compile tvheadend your selfe and "upgrade" it by hand, at least it looks like it is possible. https://github.com/tvheadend/tvheadend-p.../buildroot

Sadly google won't help - maybe contact tbs and ask where you got a recent stable tvheadend version or how to compile your self (isn't that difficult) ?
http://www.tbsdtv.com/forum/viewtopic.ph...79644273c6
just only 3.9 but better then 3.5, if this work you could "easily" update to any recent version.
Thanks for the link, but I already posted under this thread in the TBS forum. The problem is that this version has been compiled without build info. So it reports HTSP-Version 0. And that is not accepted by the new TVheadend Client either.

I do not know how to compile TVheadend myself for the TBS MOI. Therefore I currently have to stick with the latest official firmware, which only includes TVheadend Server 3.5. And that means I have to wait for the next Kodi 15 Beta including a fix vor the TVheadend Client expecting a higher build.

Brgds,

FantasticN
Tested Kodi 15.0 RC1 and TVheadend Client is working fine again. No complaining about the backend version (TBS MOI with firmware 2.0.3 incl. TVheadend Server 3.5) being too low anymore.

Thanks to the Kodi-Team!

FantasticN
There's still a bug regarding missing recordings that just got fixed, it will show up in RC2 at the latest.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Beta: what TVheadend server version0