Best portable Kodi/emulator box?
Hey guys!

I have been using my android phone connected to TV for a while when Im on the go on hotells and similar for Kodi and a couple of emulators with a PS3 controller but its a bit annoying when you get a text, call or similar and you haveto stop what your doing to check it.

Im looking for a dedicated setup thats small, has a dedicated remote, can stream HD-content and play N64, anyone have any good tips?

Ive been looking at the Gamestick which looks like exactly what I want but I havent tried it so not sure if its up to scratch, has anyone tried it an can recommend it or do you have any other good alternatives?
get a raspberry pi 2 with openelec and emulation station. Job done.
Alternatively - have a look at some of the Windows 8.1 with Bing tablets with HDMI outputs. They may do something useful - and they have the benefit of Netflix etc. In the UK they are going for relatively small amounts £60 or so - and you get the benefit of an OK-ish tablet as well.

I've been playing with a Linx 7 (bought as much to get a year of Office 365 on my Mac as anything - as it comes bundled with 365 for mobile + 1 PC/Mac) and it's quite cute. I've managed to get it charging and USB OTG at the same time, and the Micro HDMI output is great.
What noggin said. I found windows 8.1 to be very frustrating as a general tablet PC, but fantastic as a cheap Kodi/video-dedicated device :D
Sounds interesting. Ive never used a Windows tablet before, only Apple and Android.

Is there any problems running emulators or connecting PS3 controllers to it?
You are going to need a thrid party driver to get the Ps3 controller up and working within Windows. If you go that route STAR FAR AWA
Y FROM MOTION JOY It SUCKS BADLY and can mess up your OS.
(2015-06-17, 22:02)Topken Wrote: You are going to need a thrid party driver to get the Ps3 controller up and working within Windows. If you go that route STAR FAR AWA
Y FROM MOTION JOY It SUCKS BADLY and can mess up your OS.

Yeah I know Motion Joy sucks but is there really an alternative?
Right now Im using Better DS3 so I dont haveto deal with it but you need to use Motion Joy first to get it working.
I personally use Scarlet Crushes SCP Driver from here

http://pcsx2.net/download/viewcategory/45-misc.html

AKA Dual Shock 3-4 SCP Bluetooth Driver - Version:1.0.0.136

It does not require bluetooth to work.
(2015-06-18, 23:13)Topken Wrote: I personally use Scarlet Crushes SCP Driver from here

http://pcsx2.net/download/viewcategory/45-misc.html

AKA Dual Shock 3-4 SCP Bluetooth Driver - Version:1.0.0.136

It does not require bluetooth to work.

But is there a Bluetooth alternative? A wired controller wont work for me.
It does have allow a controller to work via Bluetooth but you need a USB cord to set it up first tho.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best portable Kodi/emulator box?0