OS X stopping video crashes Kodi with Isengard Beta 2
(2015-06-19, 15:40)Memphiz Wrote: @BDPNA please confirm this theory if possible.

@neurosis13 please play (increase) with the "Pause during refresh rate change" option (i have set this to 4 secs for example with my slow switching TV) and report back if this makes the problem less frequent.

alright,

i increased pause during refresh rate change to 4 seconds and the problem still persists so i increased it to 10 seconds and then it worked, after that i went down to 9 seconds and the problem reappears.

thanks again for your great support.

i think i have to take back my words, the problem reappear, but strange that it worked a few moments ago, could have been a coincident?

i will keep testing.....
Ok ... you found another bug then. It should pause the video for 10 seconds from the time you commenced playback. *args*. Will try to look into the deadlock (leaving the 10 seconds bug asside due to low amount of time atm).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2015-06-19, 15:59)Memphiz Wrote: Ok ... you found another bug then. It should pause the video for 10 seconds from the time you commenced playback. *args*. Will try to look into the deadlock (leaving the 10 seconds bug asside due to low amount of time atm).

to clarify: when i play a movie from inside my library it pauses for 10 seconds.
when i play a stream from apple trailers addon it doesn't pause.

makes no sense for me but i just trying to be as much as accurate as possible in helping getting this bug eradicated.
excuse me for the confusion.
I can reproduce the deadlock and also see why it happens. The fix won't be easy though. Fixing this will result into re-introducing another bug that i fixed on may 18th (the fix now leads to the deadlock in some racy situations).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Does this fix the issue for you both?

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/osx/x...x86_64.dmg
yes, the issue is fixed with your new build.
will be fixed in nightlies once this PR got merged:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/7311
thanks a lot for the quick fix
Thanks for being so responsive. Looks good here too.

I watched a movie tonight and I may have seen the other bug you talked about -- About an hour or so into the movie it had a huge glitch where the sound went way out of sync and it had to catch up. It quickly fixed itself. Since you mentioned messing with the sync code I figured that might be it.

The key for me is that stopping a video didn't crash the whole thing and it didn't so I'm happy. I still do get the kernel panic crash upon exiting Kodi message from Apple if that interests you, every time (even just starting Kodi and immediately exiting), after deleting all my addon*.db files, so if you need any further info on that bug, let me know.
kernel panic? are you sure?
Sorry sir, wrong terminology.

Kodi just "quits unexpectedly" every time I manually select shut down from its menu. Using the Aeon Nox skin shutdown submenu.
post the crashreport then
Let me know if you need anything else.

http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=t6BqVR0v

Thanks for all you do to keep Kodi running for us.
could you also post the debug log (wiki) which fits this exact crashreport? (if in doubt post a new crashlog with the belonging kodi.log).
Sorry for the delay. Heres a fresh one.

crash - http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=XHLeXiGN

kodi - http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=YnLFkui3

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
stopping video crashes Kodi with Isengard Beta 20