tvheadend keeps breaking
I have an RPi B with a USB tuner and remote receiver connected and haven't had any problems with tvheadend. However, my brother also has an RPi B and the same tuner and I have to keep fixing it for him and then a week later he tells me that the EPG is no longer showing any channels and a message "No PVR clients have been started" keeps popping up.

I'm not even sure how I fixed it last time. I updated the testbuild he's running but that didn't fix it, then disabled/enabled all the tvheadend addons and checked the Web GUI and found it still had remembered all the channels/settings from last time thankfully and somehow managed to get it working again.

I got him to try plugging the USB tuner directly into his RPi (via a short extension cable as the case it's in doesn't have room for the tuner) and in both ports but we couldn't get it working like that. We have a USB hub connected to the RPi, so I got him to plug it into that without the extension cable and that got it working, so the extension cable was probably faulty (although it was working fine for me before I posted it to him) but even then it only detected one of the dual tuners, whereas on my RPi it shows both. It can't be a power problem as the Hub has it's own direct power supply (via a 12v->5v UBEC).

As you can imagine, this is driving both of us spare as everytime he actually wants to use it he finds it no longer working! So if anyone can help me fix it properly that would be great.
The issue is most likely not in tvheadend but in Kodi or the addon it uses to communicate with tvheadend. Without any debug log (wiki)s it's very hard to be more specific.
Unfortunately I can't really ask him to leave the debug overlay showing constantly so that the debug log captures the problem when it decides to occur. I'm sending him a v2 soon anyway, so hopefully he'll have less problems with that.
@doveman2 - look at advancedsettings.xml - you can switch on debugging *without* having the overlay text on the screen.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml

You need to set <loglevel hide="false">1</loglevel>, I think.
(2015-06-22, 22:12)Prof Yaffle Wrote: @doveman2 - look at advancedsettings.xml - you can switch on debugging *without* having the overlay text on the screen.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml

You need to set <loglevel hide="false">1</loglevel>, I think.

Thanks Prof, that's a great tip to know.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tvheadend keeps breaking0