How does kodi determine which audio stream in mkv
If I put an AC3 and TrueHD audio stream within a MKV file, how does kodi determine which stream to play? I would prefer it picked the trueHD and use the ac3 for compatibility. Is there anything special I need to do when creating the file.
Motherboard P5N7A-VM, E8400 C2D 3.0 processor. NVIDIA 9300 graphics card. OpenELEC Stable - Generic x86_64 Version:3.2.4
I knew the answer to this a long time ago. I believe it starts by looking to see if one is listed as being in the language you have Kodi set up in. Then it just picks the first one. I may be totally wrong about that though.
There are settings added in 15.0 to get the "best" audio stream that matches the preferred language.
If nothing change it will use the stream that is flagged as default in the mkv container
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-06-17, 20:24)Martijn Wrote: There are settings added in 15.0 to get the "best" audio stream that matches the preferred language.
If nothing change it will use the stream that is flagged as default in the mkv container
Thanks, this worked. I didn't know you could mark a stream as default.
Motherboard P5N7A-VM, E8400 C2D 3.0 processor. NVIDIA 9300 graphics card. OpenELEC Stable - Generic x86_64 Version:3.2.4

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How does kodi determine which audio stream in mkv0