Emulated user testing
Are there facilities to emulate a user which is navigating through a plugin's interface? So much like system/function testing for add-ons?
For example when this would be beneficial: I have been shipping a broken addon for quite some time now, only to realise that it probably only works for me, because there was a lot of state in the commoncache. My addon silently relied on that cache being there. If I could've automatically tested on other (clean) machines and replay user scenarios this would've become clear a lot sooner.

Is there a public server which does this, and / or did someone setup something like this locally on his/her machine who is willing to share how (s)he did this?
Personally, I don't understand your problem. If you run Kodi in portable mode, you can have as many Kodi instances as your machine's disk size allows, each instance with its own config and data. In fact, it is a good practice for addon developers to have separate 'production' and 'dev/test' Kodi instances.
Then let me rephase shorter, how can i do automated integration testing and system testing for an addon in kodi. Manually testing your addon in 3 versions of kodi, for different kind of addon states, is not the way to go I think
To answer my own question:
https://xbmcswift2.readthedocs.org/en/latest/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Emulated user testing0