Solved Intermittent Audio Dropouts
Get the same behaviour in OpenELEC. Also just installed kodi on another computer. No dropouts watching it on the laptop, but dropouts occur on passthrough plugged into the receiver.

The dropouts always seem to occur at the same place in the same file. Maybe it's a damaged bitstream? I dunno about these things. Am I right in thinking this is strange?
I need TP for my bunghole
Jep :-) it's possible.

What about: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5572...20Test.avi

Btw. if it's really only that file at this always the same position ... don't get too afraid - all will be fine :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
That file worked fine. It isn't just one file though. I've had a spate of them in the last few days. Maybe bad encodes I guess. Just dropouts are annoying. I officially give up. lol Smile Thanks again Fritsch.
Can you post a sample? You can use ffmpeg to cut some parts out without reencoding.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
If I have to watch this one more time I'll go mad. Smile
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/09zk...TFILEx.mkv
Could you reproduce the issue then Fritsch?
Which minute second should I hear it?
I like the song, but I did not hear a single dropout on my Intel CI520 box using AC3 passthrough.
I get about 4-5 dropouts during that clip. That is really weird. Maybe it's the Onkyo then? But with two different models? Weird. Thanks for checking Fritsch.
Okay. I've found a few threads arguing that Onkyo receivers can produce audio dropouts for DD2.0 tracks. Since this appears to be where the problem is, I'm giving up. This is not a Kodi issue or a Linux issue. Go figure. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intermittent Audio Dropouts0