[rPi2] Video lost during movie played
Hello,
I have a problem on my rPi2(OpenElec with Isengard beta 1), which is connected to my AVR, when I play a movie, sometimes, once per movie, the video "goes away" and I need to turn off and then on my AVR to get the video back.
I have tried to change in the config.txt the hdmi_clock_change_limit to 10 but I still have the problem. I don't know what to do, and I don't want to change settingsI should not change.

Do you know from where the problem comes from ?
Do you need screenshots of my settings ? If yes, which one ?

Many thanks for your help.

Sorry for my bad english !

Capslock
Does someone have an idea please ?
You should be using Isengard beta 2.
Look here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Raspberry_Pi_FAQ#A...ts_on_HDMI
Hi popcornmix,

I have uptaded my OpenElec version.
I'll come here to say if my problem still occurs.

I took a look to the wiki, it seems I have already tried the "only solution" to my problem => "If the dropouts only occur when playing video with "adjust display refresh rate to match video" enabled, then try adding hdmi_clock_change_limit=20 to config.txt " ...
I watched a movie yesterday, and I have had the same problem...
What can I do next to try to solve this ?
(2015-06-20, 20:11)Capslock Wrote: I took a look to the wiki, it seems I have already tried the "only solution" to my problem => "If the dropouts only occur when playing video with "adjust display refresh rate to match video" enabled, then try adding hdmi_clock_change_limit=20 to config.txt " ...

Does that describe your problem? i.e. do the dropouts only occur when using "adjust refresh to match video"?
I have disabled this option and I'll see if that corrects the problem.

If "dropout" means"when a video is played, randomly but once per movie, the video goes away, my TV show "no signal", but I still have the sound of the movie" so, yes I think this describes my problem.
I have seen this problem only when I play a video, because I don't stay idle on Kodi menus, moreover, if I am not playing a movie, my AVR will power off after 30mn.

Thanks for helping me popcornmix
After one hour of a movie, same problem again.
I have overclocked my rPi, and specified in the settings : "Ajust the framerate => At start/Stop" and "Synchronizatrion during when movie played => Disabled" (translations from my own language)
I don't understand why I have this problem and why it's random !
(2015-06-21, 17:11)Capslock Wrote: I have overclocked my rPi, and specified in the settings : "Ajust the framerate => At start/Stop" and "Synchronizatrion during when movie played => Disabled" (translations from my own language)
I don't understand why I have this problem and why it's random !

You are not doing as I ask so I can't help with the problem.
Turn off "Ajust the framerate" and report if that avoids the problem. That information will help me diagnose what is causing the issue.
Sorry I have misunderstood you. OK I have totally disabled ''Ajust the framerate''.
But, may I enable ''Synchronisation when movie is played'' ? Otherwise the video is not smooth at all.
I reproduced the problem with ''Ajust the framerate'' disabled but I had "Synchronisation when movie is played' enabled otherwise it's impossible to see a movie (video not smooth at all).
Furthermore, the video is not very smoot ( at the end of the movie I have a lot of skipped and droped frames).

Edit : Do you think that problem may be due to my SD card (class 6) or my HDMI cable ?
Sorry for the flood.
I've been thinking : since the beginning i have in the config.txt "hdmi_clock_change_limit=20". Should I set it to 10 or less ?
Or maybe set the "config_hdmi_boost" ? Or is it due to the OpenElec Beta 2 ?
I don't know what to do Sad
(2015-06-21, 20:49)Capslock Wrote: I reproduced the problem with ''Ajust the framerate'' disabled but I had "Synchronisation when movie is played' enabled otherwise it's impossible to see a movie (video not smooth at all).

Back to here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Raspberry_Pi_FAQ#A...ts_on_HDMI

There were 3 suggestions. You've ruled out the first, so power supply and "config_hdmi_boost" are options.

Add config_hdmi_boost=4 to config.txt and reboot. If issue persists increase to config_hdmi_boost=7.
Hi popcornmix,

I've seen four movies and no dropout ! So, I think that config_hdmi_boost=4 is the solution !

Thank you very much for your help !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[rPi2] Video lost during movie played0