Viewing 1080p Content FULL SCREEN Isengard
Hello All,

There was an old thread from way back in 2012 that advised how to view an 1080p video file in FULL screen (No Black Bars) when the Playback Options were not doing it.

Quote:Zoom amount = 1.35
Pixel Ratio = 0.74

The top image is a full bluray 2.35:1 move with black borders that wont scale with a pre set its using the settings I gave you above the bottom is a 720p movie using the pre set "stretch 16.9"

Well, since then and throughout the releases I have been using this method to remove the Black Bars from 1080p ripped movies (e.g. ripped straight from my BluRay Disks). My 720p files work just fine - with 16:9 Stretch.

**Note: Before people jump in - I know that people might not like this and suggest with the Black Bars is how it should be viewed - BUT - the wife and kids don't want Black Bars so there it is.

I have noticed since I upgraded to Isengard BETA 2 that the Zoom Amount and Pixel Ratio pairing don't work anymore. It is now:

Zoom amount = 1.35
Pixel Ratio = 0.66

I went into the bedroom (which is still running stable) and checked these settings on that TV and changed boxes too just to satisfy my OCD. Nope. Settings on Isengard now have to be as above in order to stretch to the display.

Don't know if anyone can shed any light on what it has changed. Wierd.
(2015-06-20, 06:37)Danioj Wrote: Hello All,

There was an old thread from way back in 2012 that advised how to view an 1080p video file in FULL screen (No Black Bars) when the Playback Options were not doing it.

Quote:Zoom amount = 1.35
Pixel Ratio = 0.74

The top image is a full bluray 2.35:1 move with black borders that wont scale with a pre set its using the settings I gave you above the bottom is a 720p movie using the pre set "stretch 16.9"

Well, since then and throughout the releases I have been using this method to remove the Black Bars from 1080p ripped movies (e.g. ripped straight from my BluRay Disks). My 720p files work just fine - with 16:9 Stretch.

**Note: Before people jump in - I know that people might not like this and suggest with the Black Bars is how it should be viewed - BUT - the wife and kids don't want Black Bars so there it is.

I have noticed since I upgraded to Isengard BETA 2 that the Zoom Amount and Pixel Ratio pairing don't work anymore. It is now:

Zoom amount = 1.35
Pixel Ratio = 0.66

I went into the bedroom (which is still running stable) and checked these settings on that TV and changed boxes too just to satisfy my OCD. Nope. Settings on Isengard now have to be as above in order to stretch to the display.

Don't know if anyone can shed any light on what it has changed. Wierd.

Interesting .....

When playing a similar movie. Same properties. This time to get rid of the black bars the settings had to be:

Zoom amount = 1.35
Pixel Ratio = 0.62
I use

Zoom amount = 1.00 (never really touched this bad idea imo)
Pixel Ratio = 1.00

Just works.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Viewing 1080p Content FULL SCREEN Isengard0