Remote TV server access
Hi everybody,

Can someone recommend me working combination for KODI as a frontend and some TV service backend that works for remote streaming?

I'm often traveling and would like to watch live tv streams occasionally on my laptop (Ubuntu 15.04 64 bit).
At the moment I have MediaPortal TV server installed on my home server. I know how to open ports on my router that is not the issue, but after trying mediaportal-tvserver plugin I came to conclusion that it's only meant for local network streaming.

Some suggestions please?

Thanks and best regards to you all
tvheadend does a very good job at it.
A paid option would be DVBLogic. Will transcode whilst remote if necessary. Apps available for Windows, IOS and Android. Plugin available for Kodi.
Kodi 16.1 on main HTPC Win 7 64-bit, 8 GB RAM, Quad Core 2.4 Ghz
3 x Pi2 running Kodi 16.1 (OSMC)
TVHeadend PVR server providing Freeview HD and Freesat HD
Hi, digging up an old thread here but is there any more PVR backends that can be used remotely? I.e. in another country from the receiving client? DVB Logic want me to purchase their software before i trial it!

I am running a HTPC with windows 7 using mediaportal as my current backend in the UK
I have another HTPC with windows 7 running kodi as my client here in australia

I currently use a slingbox and slingfront but .... its s**t

Thanks
Anyone? I went ahead and purchased DVBlink but it crashes kodi krypton regularly (bug city)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote TV server access0